Leap Day and a Writerly Announcement

Hey everyone! Surprise! I'm posting a little late today, but that's because I wasn't going to post today. Until I saw a bunch of posts about Leap Day.

To be honest, I didn't even know today was Leap Day until I saw a post. And when I did, I was like...

"It's a holiday!! No school, right?"

Later. (Aka, after school.)

"Hmmm.... maybe I should do a post. I mean, it's Leap Day."

And so here I am.




What I'm Really Posting About

So, in all honesty, I really don't care very much about Leap Day. I mean, it's only once every four years, so make sure you enjoy it! But still.

I'm celebrating Leap Day by sharing some of my writing. Today, I'm announcing the publishing of a new page on my blog! (If you already saw it, good for you!) It's a page about my writing.

What You'll Find

Well, could just make you go to the page and find out what you'll find on your own. But, I've decided to be nice and give you a quick recap of the page.

Just so you know, it's kinda long. (What can I say? I like to write.)

But, you'll find summaries of novels I'm working on, an excerpt from one of the novels I'm working on, and even...

*dramatic music*

One of my poems! It's not a very well known fact that I write poetry. This is a NEVER BEFORE SEEN poem by ANYONE (except my twin, which DOES NOT count.), so consider yourselves privileged :P to be reading it.

So what are you waiting for? Go check out that page!

~Jonathan

Share this:

CONVERSATION

13 comments:

  1. I don't celebrate Leap Day either, but we should totally get the day off! And by "we" I mean homeschoolers. After all, we don't get the cancellations due to weather that all other schooled children get :(

    I just checked out your new page and it was epic. Every writer should have a "My Writings" page in my opinion. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? Like, snow days? What even are those? :)

      Delete
    2. Ugh, don't get me started.

      Oh, I found you two guy blogs and they both look really awesome :D
      http://jonathanthe2ndbrother.blogspot.com/
      https://ofbleedingpensandpages.wordpress.com/

      And, how neat is it that you have a twin?! I'm jealous

      Delete
    3. (And I already knew about that other one, too. Mwahahaha. I'm on top of this game, but thanks.) :):):)

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading your summaries, Jonathan. And the poem you wrote was really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks. The summaries are hard for me, and sharing the poem was a new experience, so I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete
  3. A day more in the school year simply means one more day sooner to completing your school for the year. Look on the bright side guys. :P
    I liked the peek into your books, and the poem. :) I too only write poetry occasionally, and my siblings tease me ENDLESSLY about the bad rhythm. *sigh* I guess not all of us were meant to be poets. ;)
    Anyways, long comment short, I've been enjoying reading your blog posts and hope to stop by more often! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, good point. Love that optimism! :)
      But hey, if you're writing free verse (which is what I prefer), there's no rhythm, so you could always try that. ;)

      Delete
  4. Also, I tagged you for the Spectacular Book Tag. Sorry. ;) You don't have to do it, but it is fun. (Seriously, I speak from a vast experience...I've done it a grand total of one time...not sure if that is grammatically correct, but whatever.) If you're interested, check it out on my blog! (4rmeddy.blogspot.com) Otherwise, just ignore this extra comment. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That's excerpt is like...really awesome. ;) And I'm rather partial to 1st person in my reading (though I like never write it so that's sorta strange.), so yeah. Amazing.
    And that poem is beautiful. My poetry is SOO pathetic. It's all (what little of it exists) locked away in it's own private Document where no one will ever read it. B-)

    Haha, I've did that before. Saw posts on other blogs for something, and been like "why not?" LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I also LOVE first person, both reading and writing though.

      Hehe my poetry used to be LOCKED AWAY also (except for my twin), but I decided to go out on a limb and share one.

      Yep I it's a great way to get ideas. :) Especially when you follow people that have good ideas. ;)

      Delete