March Musings

Another month has flown by. Where does the time go? April is on it's way, and I am so ready for those days where it doesn't get dark until 8:30. I don't know why, I just am. And I want to have a semi-long intro. Just because.  :P


Since it seems to be trending in the blogosphere, I'm starting monthly recaps. *yay*


(For the record, my March didn't look much like this.)


Anyways, this month's highlights.


Top Quotes

So this section is supposed to be for book quotes but I didn't really find any good ones this month. :( But here's some picture quotes I came across which I found interesting and/or amusing.



Doesn't this one just look like a writing prompt?

Interesting AND/OR amusing, remember? Well here's where amusing slides in.

(My personal favorite)



Top Reads

(I confess, I really didn't read a ton this month.)


Captives by Jill Williamson

The Choosing by Rachelle Dekker

So... that's pretty much all. :D



Top Blog Posts


These are posts from this month you won't want to miss. They're not necessarily all writing/reading related, but they're still good.

Show Grace A great post about having grace without blindly ignoring other's flaws 


Letting Go: The Practice of Choosing Happiness A very insightful post about releasing expectations

An Easter Poem (My friend Rebekah doesn't think she's a good poet. *snickersnorts* Go tell her differently, minions. :P)

Why I Don't Talk Much About Repentance GO READ IT. Just... read it. :D

Prose Blip- Thoughts Prepare to put some serious thought into this post. (Sorry... couldn't resist.)

Writing Ups and Downs Cause if you can get Tangled gifs in while talking about writing, you've got skilz. :P

Writing Communities  Why you need them, basically. :D

If you haven't noticed yet, my links sometimes have trouble changing color. So that's why these are so ugly and gray. Bleh. If anyone has a solution for that, let me know! :D



Bloggerly News

I got my 2500th hit this month! *cue confetti* Thanks, guys! :)

Also, I reached 25 followers! Well done my ninjas. Keep spreading the word so others can find our hideaway and be trained in the arts of warfare. *insert ninja face*

But seriously, you guys are awesome. :)

But my contact page is gone also. :( I decided to take it down since it didn't work.

To make up for it, I HAVE ANOTHER NEW PAGE (in the works)!!! *cheering* So I accidentally made my blog list invisible. Let's just say this is my new opinion of your blog hotmail.




NO MATTER WHAT GOOGLE TELLS YOU DON'T MESS WITH IT UNLESS YA KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

And apparently, I don't. :P

But the blog list vanishing is actually okay, because it was antiquated anyways. So now I'm doing a new page for blogs. I'm trying to figure out how to get the buttons onto a page, so if ya know how, let me know. :D

Also, promptly after mentioning I know how to do a favicon, I ATTEMPTED TO DO A FAVICON. I can't see it, so if you can, hooray. Tell me so I can stop pulling my hair out. :)


Word Count

WIP:
So most of you probably know Go Teen Writers had their 300 for 30 challenge this month, and I'm pleased to announce my results:

15,211 words. (ok, I missed two days. only two though :D)

Other Random Projects You May or May Not Hear About:

5,064 words.

Total:

20,275 words. Which I am very pleased with. :D This month I'm in Camp Nano, and my goal is 25k words, so I'm hopeful! :-)

A VERY SPECIAL SURPRISE

So. We're gonna try to keep this dignified, kay?

*folds hands primly*

Ahem.

Ahem.

OKAY CHUCK DIGNITY TO THE WOLVES. WHO CARES ABOUT IT ANYWAYS?? :P

So my awesome friend Sophie (IT TURNED BLUE. *happy dance*) has started HER VERY OWN WRITING BLOG. EEK I KNOW, RIGHT?

So I expect to see ALL OF YOUR FACES ON HER FOLLOWERS LIST TODAY OR TOMMOROW. Or the next day. Depending on when you read this post. ALL OF YOU. Or else I may be forced to hypnotize you (over the internet. IT'S TOTALLY POSSIBLE) and make you. For your own good. :P

Tune in next time for a VERY VERY SPECIAL April Fool's Day post. 0_0

~Jonathan

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

45 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! My post!
    I'm currently writing my monthly wrap up and am going to post in a bit..... virtual twinning again. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I can't resist the Tangled gifs. :P)
      Yep, we are. :D

      Delete
    2. tangled gifs are the best.... especially Flynn Rider ones

      Delete
  2. I was laughing the entire time I was reading this! And the Kronk gif, *burst out laughing* xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I made you laugh! :D And I KNOW THAT GIF IS AMAZING! :):)

      Delete
    2. I saved it to whip out sometime. Because, let's face it, we all need gifs about holding epicness sometime or other!

      Delete
    3. YES WE DO.
      (And you are going to love my next post. That's all I'm saying. :P)

      Delete
    4. *dies with impatience's*
      *headdesks* I totally forgot until now, I tagged you for the Fact About Me post. xD I tagged two others and have yet to alert them. http://theartofwritingforhim.blogspot.com/2016/03/a-fact-about-me.html

      Delete
    5. Wait really? Thanks! I saw that post, but somehow I missed the fact that I was tagged.... *headdesk* *goes to check* ooooohhh *jumps up and down* this one looks fun! :)

      Delete
  3. Aww! My blog post made your list! Yay, thank you! *grins happily*
    I'm gonna have to read the others now. Sweet!

    (Oh, and the links are only gray if you've visited the site before, or if you've clicked on it. So they might be gray for you, but all except mine are blue to me. :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (It was an awesome post though. :D)

      OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH thanks for telling me that. :)

      Delete
  4. This post was so fun! Its so funny, I never saw many monthly highlights posts but I did one in January, and by February, like, EVERYONE was doing something of the sort. lol. I had fun reading this and I checked out Sophie's blog. It looks awesome! So yes, I followed and you will see my profile pic on her followers gadget because not only is it cool but I am terrified of you attempting to hypnotize me over the internet. So...I followed. :D Thanks for sharing all this good stuff! (Tell me more about you books you read if you have time! And tomorrow or the next day I should have up my monthly highlights post! Yay!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Everyone tells me it was funny... which I think is good? I don't remember if I was in a funny mood or not when I wrote this. XD
      GOOD GOOD GOOD. And yeah, ya should be terrified. :P But in all honesty, thanks for following her. :D
      (and since I'm just now responding, YOUR POST COULD ALREADY BE UP. EEKACKWHAT *goes to check*

      Delete
    2. Nope, not up yet. *sigh. Sorry. I'll try to get it up later but I don't know if I'll have the time. As you will find out in my post, recently life has been soooo hectic! (But in a good way!) I'm eager for your post tomorrow! I kinda have one planned but I don't know if I will be able to do it. lol

      Delete
    3. Ooh, I look forward to reading about your hecticly awesome life! :D

      Delete
    4. I'm also inviting my readers to read something with me. I hope you are able to participate!

      Delete
    5. Oooh, sounds fun! I hope I can also! :D

      Delete
  5. I loved the last quote you had up there. B-) I use Princess Bride quotes all. the. time. :D
    Aww...thanks for liking my poem. :) Usually my poems express the *only* serious side I have, so it's nice when other people appreciate them. I put a lot of work into making them biblically correct. Which is sometimes difficult when you're trying to rhyme words...and nothing rhymes that would make sense. *huge sigh*
    I think Google is a huge conspiracy...anyone with me on that one?? ;) jk.
    Hmm...I'm considering NOT going and following her blog just to make you TRY to hypnotize me over the internet...just to see if it's REALLY possible.
    *checks out blog just for something to do*
    Never mind. I'm hooked. ;)
    Thanks for the post! I look forward to the next post. B-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH YOU DO, DO YOU? You shall adore my next post. *dramatic music* :P
      It was a good poem though. AND I KNOW RHYMING IS HAAAARD. Which is why I write mostly free verse. When I write poetry. XD
      Uh, yeah, totally. WE SHALL BE DETECTIVES AND TRACK DOWN THE CONSPIRACY AND BECOME FAMOUS. :P
      Aw, if only you hadn't of gotten hooked. I was looking forward to hypnotizing you. but her blog is awesome, so it's perfectly understandable. :D

      Delete
    2. DUDE, YOU ARE KILLING ME XD
      All this, "you're going to love my next post!"ness.
      I'm like gonna die. I'm not sure I can wait until tomorrow... :P

      Delete
    3. I'm actually seriously considering posting it Saturday... :P
      Mwahahahha

      Delete
    4. Oh, well. Do what you want. I'm a patient stalker :P

      Delete
  6. Yay for another monthly recap post in the blogosphere! I think they're so interesting. xD

    Ooh, nice job on writing for this month! Impressive word counts. *nodnod*

    Hmm, to change link colors I usually go into advanced settings and you can change them there, but usually in my posts I attach the link, highlight the linked post, and just change the color of the link like I would for any other text in the document. It's worked fine for me so far. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are interesting! :D

      Says the girl who's done 100k a month. Yes, I stalk you. *insert ninja face* :P

      THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN DOING. Sorry. :P I think it's like Amanda said, they're grey cause I've clicked them.

      Delete
    2. *whistles* Who? Me? Pfft, no way.

      OH GOOD. Yeah, they're all the same color for me. It's either cause you clicked them or you're going crazy. ;)

      Delete
    3. *insert another ninja face* I STALK YOU YOU CANNOT HIDE FROM ME. :P

      Hmmm... I think I may be hallucinating.... XD

      Delete
  7. You did much better than me on the March challenge. I know I have something like 10,000ish words but I kind of fell apart while on my vacation last week. *sweats nervously* At least I made the minimum goal though!
    Good job for March, hopefully Camp NaNoWriMo goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vacationing in Disneyworld (if I remember correctly?) is an amazing excuse. And that's still an average of 300 words a day.
      Thanks! I'm excited. :D

      Delete
    2. Yep, your memory serves you well. I suppose it's a decent enough excuse, but still. :P
      What will you be working on for camp?

      Delete
    3. I'm just trying to take a chunk out of my WIP. :D
      Are you in it this year?? :)

      Delete
  8. This post was so funny! Much funnier than most wrap up posts ;) And I was so glad to see a realistic amount of books read! Katie /only/ read 15 and I about fell through the floor.

    And I love that quote about things being free xD Free really just means someone /else/ is paying for it :)

    Ohohoohoh!!! I know how to do a favicon :D Because I spent hours of my life on it. You probably figured out that you insert it via Blogger Layout. They tell you it has to be a square image under 100KB, so fiddle on Picmonkey with the image you want until it meets that criteria. Then, it has to be the extension .ico instead of the default .jpg or .png. Don't ask why, but that's the important detail they never tell you. Give that a shot and you should be set!

    *goes to check out Sophie's blog*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad I made someone chuckle. I actually read... like five or six, but those were my best. I WANT SOME CREDIT HERE. :P

      Thanks. My sister found that, and I was like MINE. MINE. MINE.

      I KNOW YOU DO. EVERYONE DOES BUT ME. :( Ooohhhh okay. It must be the .ico thingy, cause I don't remember doing that. Thanks though! :D

      *sees your face on her followers list* GOOD NOW I DON'T HAVE TO HYPNOTIZE YOU. :P

      Delete
  9. I kept laughing. Nice GIFs xD Also good job writing...you wrote more than I did...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maddie! I'm glad you stopped by! :D

      Delete
  10. Ahh, love all those quotes! Quotes are awesome. I'm always writing them down, saving them on Pinterest, and the like. ;)
    YOU WROTE OVER 20K THIS MONTH??? I wrote like half that... -_- But I also read 14 books, sooo. XD
    Congrats on reaching 25 followers! *applause* Thats so awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know! Quotes make life soooooo much better. :D
      Hehe thanks. You read A LOT more than me though.
      YEAH I KNOW I'M THRILLED. :D

      Delete
  11. Where is this April post? Waiting for it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patience. I WAS GONE MOST OF TODAY I DIDN'T HAVE TIME. :P

      Delete
  12. Hey, Jonathan! I did my March Highlights post and a special invitation to my blog readers...check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I shall.
      Prob tomorrow though. :D I was gone all day today.

      Delete
  13. WHY DIDN'T YOU DO AN APRIL POST??? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you were a patient stalker? :P
      I just did. :D

      Delete