The Spectacular Book Tag

I've been tagged for the first time! (Yay!) And, it's a book tag. Thanks to Rebekah for tagging me!

The Rules
1. Tag three to five people.
2. Answer the questions.

So here are the questions:

1. What are your favorite book covers? 
Whaaaaattt there are like so many, so brace yourselves.





(This one below I literally read ONLY for the cover.)


(To Kill a Mockingbird alone has a few good ones.)



(Not sure if this one is actually a cover or just a random image, but I though it was hilarious.)


Also The Homelanders Series by Andrew Klavan has some pretty cool covers. Here's the first.


2. What are your favorite book titles? 
Well, these are my favorite TITLES, not necessarily books. So here's my list:
From the Dark to the Dawn by Alicia A. Willis
The Goodbye Season by Marian Hale
Stay Where You are and Then Leave by John Boyne
Defy the Night by Heather/Lydia Munn
I Have Seen Him in the Watchfires by Cathy Gohlke
The Monster in the Hollows by Andrew Peterson (It doesn't sound that cool, or really have a nice ring to it, but when you read it it's PURE MASTERY. Hint, hint: It carries a double meaning. I will say NO MORE.)

3. Have you read a book and didn't know why they named it that and what was the title?
Hmmm... that series by Evan Angler? I think it was called the Swipe series? The titles were Swipe, Sneak, Storm, and Spark.  I think the author got a little carried away with the s's. While the titles go together well and sound cool, I really have no idea how the titles went with the books.

4. Have you read a book with a character that made you mad? 
Uh, yeah! Nearly every good villain makes the reader mad at some point in the book, but the villain that stands out is Skelley Chase from A Time to Die by Nadine Brandes. OH MY GOODNESS I JUST WANTED TO GIVE HIM A GOOD SCOLDING HE WAS SO INFURIATINGLY CONFIDENT!!

5. Is there someone or something from a book you would never want to come across? 
Well, at first I was like, SKELLEY AGAIN, but then I decided he's really not too scary or creepy, he's just INFURIATING!! So I settled on Lord Nathak from the Blood of Kings series by Jill Williamson. For those of you who haven't read them, basically he was struck by lightning which somehow made half of his body black and the other half is just normal. Kinda. So he wears a mask over half his face, and even the hair of his beard is divided into a black and white half. (Unless he braids his beard. Then the two colors are intertwined. Anyways...)

6. If you could meet a character in person from a book who would it be? 
I'm really not sure. Maybe Dill from To Kill a Mockingbird. He's just really funny and eccentric. Or possibly Curzon from Forge by Laurie Halse Anderson or Jace from The King's Scrolls by Jaye L. Knight.

7. What book are you currently reading? 
Let's see. The Bible, Joseph by Charles Swindoll, The Art and Craft of Writing Christian Fiction by Jeff Gerke, and Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee.

8. Have you read a book that made you cry?
Ooooohhhh we're gonna get personal, huh? Well, I don't cry, like, at all in books, or movies for that matter. However, there is ONE BOOK that has made me cry. It's The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton. AAAHHHH it was gut-wrenching. (However, in all fairness, it made my older sister WEEP, just to put things in perspective.)

9. What is the weirdest book you have read? 
Do short stories count? Because I had to study "The Masque of the Red Death" by Edgar Allen Poe in lit class, and let me tell you it was creeeeeeeeepy.
If short stories don't count, then probably Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry.

10. What is the worst book/series you ever read?
Weeeeellllll, there's a certain author *ahem* who has written a certain series that is very popular *ahem* about a spy dude named Alex *ahem, ahem*.  
I was literally like BRO, SHOW DON'T TELL!! It was one of those books that makes you feel good about your own writing. While I probably wouldn't say it's THE ABSOLUTE WORST book I've ever read, it's pretty low on my list.

However, I've also read Pride and Prejudice (yes, I know), and that one's pretty low on my list also.

11. If you could only read one more book the entire year what would it be?
The Bible, of course. ;)
But other than that I guess I would probably reread The Count of Monte Cristo or Les Miserables. That would keep me busy.

So there you have it!
And now for who I'm tagging:

Abi at The Left-Handed Typist
Ashley at Colorful, Creative Cards        
Aidan at The Story Forger
Alexandra at A Pen For the King
(not sure why those two last links aren't changing color... but they're links, so push 'em!)

Have fun! ;)

~ Jonathan





Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

19 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, some of your answers totally cracked me up! I love the book covers you chose. They are all very inspirational :) And thanks so much for tagging me! I'll probably post mine on Tuesday, because I'm really going to have to think some of these questions through :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks. I'm of the opinion that the cover is half the fun of reading the book! :)

      And yeah, some of the questions take some thought... ;)

      Delete
  2. You read the Ilyon Chronicles too? Yes! More fans! I would probably meet Kaden though, he was my personality guy on the whatever quiz that magically compares you to an Ilyon character.
    Anyways, I was just looking at the blogs Abigayle tagged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you'll be seeing that tag here... probably on Monday... :)

      Delete
    2. Have you looked at the Jaye L. Knight Forum? It's used for writing a lot!

      Delete
    3. Hmmm... no... *goes to check out forum*

      Delete
    4. I love Jaye L. Knight/Molly Evangeline! (I plan on reading the first Ilyon book in April. So far I have read her Makilien Trilogy and the first three books in the Pirates and Faith series.)

      Delete
    5. YOU'LL LOVE ILLYON!
      We shall welcome you to the fan club once you are hooked. :)

      Delete
    6. I can already tell that I will be based on how much I enjoyed the previously mentioned books. I really liked the trilogy!

      Delete
    7. I haven't read her other series. Yet. :) I'm planning on it, at some point probably, but my reading schedule is swamped right now. :D

      Delete
    8. I know. I have an entire shelf and a half full of books to read. Literally. And I have a bunch of books in other locations to read too. Never enough time. *sigh

      Delete
    9. I know. :) *goes to library website* *ten holds have come in* *is beta reading this month* *is in Camp Nano this month* *wonders why I put 15 books on hold* :P

      Delete
  3. I loved reading your answers to this tag, Jonathan. ;) Haha, yep! Some of the answers took some thought!! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) The one about meeting a character was especially hard though, so I sort of semi-cheated and gave more than on answer. :)

      Delete
  4. Hey, thanks for doing the tag! It was so fun to see your answers. :)
    You seem to have the same problem I do: so many answers and only one required! ;P
    Yeah, Edgar Allen Poe wrote some WEIRD stuff...I've had to read a couple of his stories for American Literature. *shudders* Not an author I would recommend. ;)
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tagging me! It was so fun! :)
      And yeah, I can tend to be kind of liberal when it comes to answering questions. I was actually a little surprised when I counted only nine covers up there! ;)
      aaaaaahhhh yes Edgar Allen Poe *also shudders*

      Delete
  5. AHHH I LOVE THE OUT OF TIMES SERIES AND THE ILYON CHRONICLES. *hugs the books to death* The Out of Times series are some of my favorite covers ever. I'm quite a cover snob but I love the illustrated-ness of it all and the blues. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW SO DO I!! :) (obviously) :p
      I'm also a shameless cover snob. I've literally read books solely based off the covers alone. :P

      Delete