The (very extensive) Get to Know Me Tag

I have been tagged again! :) I'm so excited that Abi tagged me to do the Get to Know Me Tag.


So ready to learn my deepest, darkest secrets??? :P

Okay, it's not that extensive. But be warned, it is pretty long! I made sure to put in plenty of pictures so as to hold your attention. ;) Ready?

Vital Stats

Name: Jonathan

Nicknames: (brace yourselves) Jonny, Jonnyboy, Jonny Appleseed, Appleseed, Apple, App (it sort of just kept getting abbreviated), Big App, Depp (after Jonny Depp *rolls eyes*) And if you randomly called out any of those, I would probably raise my head.

Place of Birth: Denver, Colorado

Firsts

Best Friends: All of my sibs

Award: Sneakiest Ninja. (Shhhhhh!) Probably a participation ribbon. But I've also received very formal- looking sheets after my music recitals that say "Certificate of Achievement" on them, so maybe that's an award.

Sport: I played soccer when I was about eight. I'm pretty good at basketball, though, since my twin plays on a team and makes me shoot hoops with him. :)


Real Holiday: Well, we went to Legoland when I was really little. Not that I remember anything about it. :):)

Concert: I attended my own piano recitals. :P But that's all I can think of at the moment.

Favorites

Film: Hmmmm... I don't really like movies because they drain my writerly creativity. Plus, I've never been very good at sitting still for long periods of time. This extrovert mind needs MORE STIMULATION. Which sitting on the couch doesn't bring. But, if I had to choose, I would probably pick Star Wars: The Force Awakens.


TV Shows: Hahahahhaha we live forty-five minutes from the nearest Wal-mart... so yeah, no TV. :)

Color: Yellow and BRIGHT blue:

Like the ground and the sky in this pic

Song: I don't listen to much music, but whenever I'm watching a movie, I enjoy the soundtrack. Especially in Les Miserables and October Baby.

Restaurant: So it used to be Salt Grass, but it changed. I know a lot of people who think Five Guys is greasy, BUT THEY HAVE THE BEST BURGERS. (and they give you a ton of fries...)

See, look at all those fries!

Books: Well, there's a page about my favorite books, but since I love books so much, here's a few more: Men of Grit Series by John J. Horn, The Sky Riders by Christopher Hopper, I Have Seen Him in the Watchfires by Cathy Gohlke, Trouble by Gary D. Schmidt, The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton (yes, it's on both lists for a reason).


Currently

Feeling: Like this. I'm about to start school.


Single or Taken: taken, people!






(JUST KIDDING JUST KIDDING I'M ONLY SIXTEEN I HOPE NO ONE HAD A HEART ATTACK!)

Eating: Nothing. But if I was eating something, I'd be eating Sour Patch.

Watching: I'm assuming this refers to TV shows, which we already dealt with. :) But if not, I'm watching my fan spin. It's quite entertaining. :P

Wearing: My amazing comfy blue pants that have horses and say Ford, and a white t-shirt. AKA, my pajamas.

Future

Want children: I want what God and my wife wants. :)

Want to be married: If God wills it.

Careers in Mind: Writer, Accountant. I work for my Dad in his tax business. I've also installed dry wall before...

Where you want to live: Ireland. Then I can get an awesome accent. :P (Not that I'll ever live there, but it's fun to imagine! :)

Do You Believe in

God: Absolutely

Miracles: Yup. If it's in the Bible, I believe it! ;)


Love at first sight: Probably not. If you think you're in love with someone when you first see them, it's probably just a childish crush you'll be over in a month.

Ghosts: Nope, but there are angels and demons.

Aliens: No.

Soul Mates: I don't believe in the whole "destined by fate" idea this term is often associated with. Nor do I believe there's only one match for everyone. So, no.

Heaven: Of course

Hell: Yes.

Kissing on the first date: THE FIRST DATE?? Good heavens, God didn't mean for us to kiss until the wedding bells ring! :P

Yourself: I believe in Christ working in me and through me. :)



Wow, that was fun!

Now for who I'm tagging:

Faith at Stories by Firefly
Jonathan at The Second Brother

Ashley at More Precious Than Gold

My horsey friend Alyssa at Ollie's Book of Life (why is my link not changing color!!!!!!!)

If you're not interested or don't have time, you can just ignore this.:)

(And BTW if you're not comfortable with all the questions you can totally tweak this a little.)


Have fun!

~ Jonathan


(And if you were wondering, yes, I was supposed to post this yesterday. But I... got distracted.)




Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

40 comments:

  1. Basketball! I enjoy it, and since I'm tall, I get asked if I play it all the time. Five guys is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basketball is fun! I'm more on the short end of the spectrum (5' 7"), so I mainly like those games where you just wildly try to get the ball in the hoop as fast as possible! ;)

      And yes, Five Guys is simply perfect. PERFECT I tell you! :)
      (Okay, maybe not quite perfect. They just need to add ice cream to the menu...)

      Delete
    2. I'm 5' 9 3/4", so...yeah. I definetly look the part, I'm just not.
      One time I ate two and a half bags of fries! I was young though, eleven?

      Delete
    3. Whoa you ARE tall. :)
      Two and a half bags? I'm impressed. ;)

      Delete
    4. Oooh a tall person! I'm almost 5' 12". I refuse to say I'm 6' tall because only guys should be that tall lol

      Delete
    5. You people make me want some height. :)

      Delete
  2. The October Baby soundtrack is practically THE best!!! My family hasn't had cable TV since I was 6 or 7 but we do watch lots of old TV shows on Netflix or sometimes borrow them from the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They play all the perfect songs at all the right times. And the song at the beginning... AAAHH love it.
      My family likes Andy Griffith. Since we're talkin' old TV shows. But other than that, we don' really watch any.

      Delete
    2. Andy Griffith show is one of our favorites. We also watch Emergency!, Hardy Boys, A-team and lately we've been watching new Disney shows on Netflix suchas Liv and Maddue.

      Delete
    3. Hehe we pretty much only watch Andy Griffith. We don't have very good internet for Netflix. :)

      Delete
  3. Yay! I loved reading all your answers!! Some of them really made me laugh :)

    You DO have a lot of nicknames! And all of your pictures you incorporated were awesome. I'll admit I've only been to Five Guys once, because all of them are around an hour away, but I do remember liking it. And they sent us with a cup, so that was fun :P I've seen October Baby a couple of times, but I'll have to watch it again and pay more attention to the soundtrack! And don't worry about the height thing. Basketball is the only sport I'm semi-good at and I'm only 5' 3" on my tall days ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT? Only been to Five Guys once? GO AGAIN!! :P
      And yeah, you should totally rewatch October Baby.
      Hmmm... 5' 3", you say? Well now I feel tall. :D

      Delete
  4. I liked your answers. :) They were all fun to read...many of them I would have answered the same, but there are a couple were we differ in opinion. Ha, now you're curious! Mwhahaha }:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, only differing on a couple isn't bad at all! :)
      You must be one of those people who think Five Guys is greasy!! *accussing stare*
      But then again, they are... :D

      Delete
    2. oops... accusing, not accussing...
      and thinks, not think...
      :D
      I'm a grammarian, so I'm prone to correct these things.

      Delete
    3. Eek, sorry!!! :( Somehow *cough* you're comment was deleted.
      The publish and delete buttons are right next to each other, and I'm on my tablet. Apparently my thumbs are fatter than I had thought... :) So that's my excuse. *hides face*
      You can either resubmit your amazing comment or shun me. Or just forget about it... :)

      Delete
    4. Good heavens, my tablet must be jinxed. It's your not you're... *sighs*

      Delete
    5. I'll just reply again... ;)
      Actually, I've never been to Five Guys...(don't shoot, don't shoot!)...I didn't even know it existed until I read about it on your blog. (So there's my excuse. ;)
      Yeah, there's some grammar Nazis in our family too...and they're CONSTANTLY on my case. *sigh* I'm known for terrible spelling/grammar mistakes in my writing...especially blogging. None of us are perfect, right? ;P

      Delete
    6. That was the closest to my original comment (except the first sentence) as I could manage...it helps to check comments and replies more than once a day, hey? ;)
      Don't worry about it...I've made plenty of mistakes like that in my life time...I'll tell you about them whenever you have a couple weeks to spare.

      Delete
    7. Hehe yeah I'm glad you checked. I'm not very good about that type of thing myself... ;)
      NO FIVE GUYS? *shoots* :P
      Yep, that's me, grammar Nazi even to myself. :)
      Yep, no one's perfect. I just say I am the perfect *ahem* example of imperfection.

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed reading your answers Jonathan! FIVE GUYS IS THE BEST!!! Seriously, who doesn't like it? Basketball has never been my thing. 5' 5" and not good at any sport. xD
    And yes. Sour patch is AMAZING!!

    Thanks for tagging me. I'll probably do it sometime in the next few days! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, Five Guys is THE BOMB! It's strange how many of my friends don't like it...
      But hey, SHORT PEOPLE UNITE!! :):) Even if we're not super athletic. ;)
      And I am like the king of sour patch. LITERALLLY! :):)

      I look forwards to reading your answers. :D

      Delete
  6. I had a ton of fun reading this! Haha, you have just about as many nicknames as I do! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who will have a long list. . . :P
    I'm 5'9", so I don't really have en excuse for not playing sports. I just don't like them. ;)
    And. . .I have never been to Five Guys. I've had a lot of people tell me it's amazing, so I should really go sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah it's mostly due to my brothers... ;)
      You don't need an excuse. :) I don't really like sports either (except for Frisbee, which only semi-counts). I just shoot hoops when my twin begs me to.
      YES YOU SHOULD GO TO FIVE GUYS THEY'RE AMAZING!! :):)

      Delete
  7. Well, now you've got me craving Five Guys. Ugh. :P
    In any case, I enjoyed reading your responses to these questions, it's always fun getting to know people better and tagging games seem to be one of the simpler ways to use through social media.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AARGH I hate it when I mean to reply and I don't.
      See below...

      Delete
  8. Sorry. ;) I can't help it.
    It is fun! And I'm really enjoying reading everyone's answers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was fun to read! I played soccer from when I was 11 until I was 14. I love Les Miserables!!! I don't care for the movie soundtrack as much as the Original Broadway Cast Album, but Les Miserables has the best music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, soccer's fun! I don't think I've heard the original broadway album before. The movie does have really good music, though. :)

      Delete
  10. When you said "taken" I figured you meant by God. lol :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahah I finally just now see this blog post. I will post it either this afternoon, or Monday, or Tuesday..... ;)

    Yes. I am a bad blogger. I know. forgive me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... at least you admit it so now you know you can improve! :P
      (I feel my sarcasm running rampant today... )

      Delete
  12. WE ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THE CABIN. WE GET KICKED OUT, THE CABIN DIES." @Jonathan Trout "THE CABIN WILL BE BURNT THEN TORN APART BY WOLVES AND THEN EVERYONE DIES @Hannahrodzzz
    We need to plan that story with the sour patch kid ;) Then put it up on both our blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESS we do. We shall talk tomorrow.
      AND YEAH LOVE THOSE QUOTES. (you may be seeing them here again... :P)

      Delete
    2. Those quotes should be popular :)
      It'll be an epic story..... And somehow we'll incorporate candy into it

      Delete
    3. Yes I know. XD :D
      Obviously the main character will have a strange affinity for sour patch. :P

      Delete
    4. And I'll write and email you the last part, then you guys will post it on your blogs. XD
      Next time, please don't exclude me from your conversation about those quotes and the story. :D
      ~Hann

      Delete
    5. OH WE DID. INADVERENTLY THOUGH
      SHAME ON US HANNAH. :p
      we do need to work on this thing though... :D

      Delete
  13. "Look at all those fries!"

    Me: But... But... They're burnt. *wears armour in case you fight me*

    And it's FOOTBALL. (Okay we also call it soccer because we have Gaelic football but I don't really like that and we use British English as well so we mainly call it football).

    Yes, I'm Irish. But not your typical Irish woman. My ethnicity is Nigerian.

    And when you said you were taken I was like, ooohh... Interesting. Then I found out you lied to us *cries*

    Wait, why am I crying?

    Anyway... Um.. Byeee. *runs off*

    ReplyDelete