Top Ten Villains

WE HAVE A COMPLETELY RANDOM POST FOR TODAY GUYS.

Because Rebekah tagged me for this super fun tag about villains. Thanks, Rebekah!

So... let's get started with this. It's basically that "Top Ten Tuesday" thing that I see ALL THE TIME (and I may try in the future) but in tag form. And I decided to do movie characters, which is really strange of me because I don't really like movies. But if I do book characters then a lot of people won't know who they are. *sighs* MORE PEOPLE JUST NEED TO GO READ ALL THE BOOKS I LIKE OKAY? *points to favorite books page* Plus it's easier to find pics of movie characters.

Anyhow, on to the post. (And btw these aren't really in any particular order, I sorta just jumbled them all in.)



RULES

1. Post the button. (YES it's a rule. *sighs in disappointment* Because I HAVE CANVA NOW and can design beautiful graphics.)
2. Thank the blogger who tagged you. (On a side note, if anyone gets tagged for something in which THIS ISN'T A RULE, I want to know about it.)
3. List your top ten favorite villains and why you chose them(they can be from movies or books).
4. Tag ten other bloggers. (You don't have to do ten, you're posting the button, we can bend a little. XD)

Kay so here's my ten villains. :D



1. Kylo Ren from The Force Awakens


I feel like this dude is a bit of a no brainer. He's creepy enough to be a good villain, but conflicted enough to not fall into the "miles beyond redemption" cliché.  He's a complex villain, with just the right amount of backstory for us to be able to understand him. And, COME ON HE'S IN THE FORCE AWAKENS HELLOOOO. This basically gives him a license to be involved in light sabre wielding epicness. *nods*
(On an interesting sidenote, The Force Awakens is one of the movies I actually REALLY REALLY LIKE. *gasps* I think it may have been because I saw it theatres and there was nothing to distract me? Jury's still out on that one though.)



2. Gru from Despicable Me


YES HE TOTALLY COUNTS AS A VILLIAN. (at least in the first movie XD) Why do I like Gru? Well frankly it's solely based upon the fact that he has an army of Twinkie-resembling minions. And he's funny. And he has a freeze ray. (WHERE CAN I PROCURE SUCH A DEVICE)


3.The Bird from Unbroken


I hesitated to put this guy in, since he's actually a legit human being, but I finally decided to since I was already scraping for more villains. (I know, strange. I should be able to think of more. XD) He's cruel. He's cold. He's downright inhumane. (If you've seen or read Unbroken you can back me up. XD) And... that's all I've got for this guy. MY BRAIN IS DEAD TODAY.



4. Vizzini from The Princess Bride



This is my only other funny villain. Which is pretty much THE ONLY reason he's on the list. That and the fact that he won the award "Most Quotable Villain". *clears throat* (Totally a thing.) Also, GO SHORT PEOPLE.



5. Javert from Les Miserables


This guy is another great example of a conflicted villain. Torn between his sense of twisted justice and the concept of mercy, Javier makes a unique and fascinating villain. (And he's used to explore an interesting concept- the lines between justice and mercy.) He's not really all that creepy? At least not that I remember. But he's proof that not all villains have to be creepy.



6. Robert Callaghan from Big Hero 6


Well, I may or may not have chosen this villain solely based upon the fact that he has a cool mask and commands an army of tiny magnetic robots. #impressive He does have a good backstory though. *nods*


7. Col. William Tavington from The Patriot


*screams* EVERYONE TAKE COVER. This guy most certainly falls into the "miles beyond redemption" cliché. (Still, a good villain though.) He's cruel. He's heartless. He may or may not be demon-possessed. He kills people for no reason at all. (not exaggerating) Basically this is one of those villains that ruins the movie for you solely because HE DOESN'T GET KILLED SOON ENOUGH. Also, I think I remember him being pretty vain. UGH I can't stand vanity in guys. No. Just no.


8. Charles Kemp from Beyond the Mask



I think the reason this dude is on the list is just because of his extremely villain-like confidence. Like, "I can destroy Boston and cripple the Revolution and no one can stop me mwahahahaha." okay fine he doesn't really laugh like that BUT HE PROBABLY WOULD if the movie wasn't historical Also, HE ABANDONS HIS NIECE TO BE BURNT ALIVE. *spoiler* Yeah she survives anyways because the badguys never win. (but if you know of a book/movie in which the badguys win, I MUST READ THIS STRANGE LITERATURE.)



9. King Miraz from Prince Caspian


He's mean. He's cruel. He murders his brother. Overall, he's just not a very nice individual. *gasping* (NO. WAY. He has such a nice face. *snickers*) He stoops to whatever means necessary to achieve his plan of taking the throne for himself, twisting the truth to suit his own means. Even his evil counselor people (NO IDEA what their names are) turn against him.



10. Pitch Black from Rise of the Guardians



So... basically this guy is just on here because I couldn't come up with any other villains. *hides* (The other suggestions were the dinosaur thing from Jurassic World- hardly a villain- and Prince Hans from Frozen. No thank you.) Not that Pitch wasn't a good villain, I just don't remember hardly anything about him. But hey, look at the pic. CREEEEEEPY. Plus I remember he has these scaryish nightmare horse thingies or something. (in the back I think) *shrugs*


So there you have it, folks! What did you think of my top ten villains? Did you agree? Is there anyone else you would have put on the list?

As far as tagging goes, I'm not gonna tag anyone just cause this tag requires a bit more thought than a normal tag. XD But if you want to try, GO FOR IT. Even if you can't think of quite ten, you can still give it a shot! :D

- Jonathan

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

40 comments:

  1. KYLORENOHMYSGOSH! I love him so much, whyyy is he soooooo easy to love?!
    Pitch Black. *shivers* He was so creepy! Ick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm Rachael should I be concerned about this strange infatuation with a villainous character? *raises eyebrows* :P :P
      Yes indeed very creepy.

      Delete
    2. Mayyyybe? Lol, nope, everyone loves him! AKA no one but myself and a friend.
      My little cousins got scared when they watched him. xD

      Delete
    3. XD Well he was a little creepyish, but I can truthfully say I was not scared. :P

      Delete
  2. Gru is a villain
    *talks in his voice* and all the others for sure. I might do this if I need a post, I have a few planned already. But for the future. I have quite a few good ones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Yes he does have a sorta strange accent doesn't he? Coolio I shall be stalking to see if you do. *insert ninja face* :P

      Delete
  3. YES GO KYLO REN!!! AND THE FORCE AWAKENS. XD
    These are all great villains (never thought I'd be saying THAT)
    »I approve this post«

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW ONE OF THE FEW MOVIES I ACTUALLY REALLY LIKE WEIRD RIGHT?
      XD Why thank you I'm glad you approve. :D

      Delete
  4. I strongly disagree with one of your top ten...Javert is not a villain. Have you read Les Miserables, or just watched the movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? *nods* Yes I did plow my way through Les Miserables. :D Although I guess he wasn't really the main antagonist (that other dude and his wife who's last name is impossible to spell but it starts with a t xD), he is still definitely in a struggle against the main character, which at least lends him villain-like qualities. :D

      Delete
    2. Thenardiers :) They are depicted as villains and "comic relief" in the Les Miserables musical. I started Les Miserables the book but never finished so I don't fully know the actual characters. Only the stage adapted ones!

      But I'd say Javert is at least Jean Valjean's villain because throughout the movie/musical, he is trying to capture Valjean.

      Delete
    3. Thénardier is certainly the villain of the book. Javert is a fanatic, governed by respect for authority and hatred for rebellion. He is certainly an antagonist, but that is not at all the same thing as a villain. The whole point of Javert is that his motives are good, NOT evil. It is a profound story. (And one that I may, possibly, feel passionately about.) Glad you've read the book! Pretty crazy, isn't it?

      Delete
    4. Yes, she's my sister. Just thought you might be curious. ;)

      Delete
    5. Lauren: AHA thank you after misspelling Javert I wasn't in the mood to misspell another character name. XD *nods* Yes the book is very very long and definitely a challenge to finish. :D

      Sarah: Ah I see what you're saying. But like Lauren said, Javert is still struggling against the protagonist, which at least makes him a villain-like character. :) And yes the book is crazy. Crazy long. :P

      Rebekah: Yes I picked that up on my own. :P :P Thanks though. :)

      Delete
  5. See? Told you I didn't use all the good ones. ;) Thanks for doing the post! I had a blast reading it, and I look forward to the Liebester Award post. (Which is happening soon, right? RIGHT?)
    #idon'tknowwhichcommentnumberthisissoiwon'tclaimanyuntili'msure ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Sure thanks for tagging me! It was a fun one.
      Ah yes I'm doing that very soon. I'm sort of bending the rules maybe a little *hides* (mashing it together with the Infinity Dreams one IT'S LEGIT xD) but it's taking me a while so I'll probably have another post between then and now. :D

      Delete
  6. Awesome list :) Gru was a villain and it's amazing so he just HAS to be in the list.
    Javert!!! Yes, he definitely counts as a villain although I love how you pointed out he's conflicted. At the end of his Soliloquy, I'm really torn on my views of him!
    I just recently watched Patriot and goodness, I loved it! It's recorded on our DVR so I've watched parts of it multiple times. He is the most heartless villain ever, in my book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Thanks I'm glad you liked it! :D
      Yes he's conflicted but still in conflict against the protagonist. *nods* He's a tricky one to come to a strong conclusion on. :) :)
      Ah yes he's brutal and mean and cruel and then that one part with the church. *screams* Yes he's at least the most heartless villain I can think of at the moment.

      Delete
  7. *realizes I misspelled Javert's name*
    Oh goodness. XD Well I guess that's what the edit post option is for. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome post! That Gru and Kylo Ren made the list makes me smile. Javert is also like a semi-villain, but so complex he deserves to make the list. And then the dude from the Patriot. He was literally the man who filled my nightmares as a child. (Do not let your children watch that movie too young. . .). So he definitely belongs there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD I'm glad I brought a smile to one of my reader's faces. :D
      Yes definitely it was preeetty violent. Only the teens in our family have seen it. *nods* :)

      Delete
  9. Cade Bane from The Clone Wars. He's really scary because he's very competent. Pre Visla from that series is also a good one. Of course, Darth Vader is still a great villain. In Star Wars Rebels, I think he's amost more imposing than in the movies.
    Then there's Zuko from the Avatar TV series. He's got a very good arc, probably the best I've seen.
    Books are a bit harder. The king in Resistance by Jaye L. Knight was a good villain. The Redwall series also had some scary villains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes they sound like good villains! I haven't seen The Clone Wars though, so I wouldn't know. XD
      Oh yeah the king was evil and creepy and I was going to do him. But then I didn't remember enough about him. XD

      Delete
  10. Nice choices. For myself I think I'd throw in Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader for sure and Smeagol/Gollum. But I like how you used some cartoon villains as well, even bad guys in kids movies can have some depth. Like Callaghan and Gru.
    You could have totally gone with Hans though. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Thanks. And they have to be since older people watch animation also. :) :)
      I could have... I guess... he's sorta a wimp though. XD

      Delete
  11. Umm, I've only seen like 4 of the movies you said. Of those, I agree with you on Gru, Vizzini, and Miraz. (How did I miss him in my post???) HOWEVER, (remember I told you we could find something to argue about? Well here it is.) Kylo Ren didn't even count as a villain. He was a total wimp. Sorry, but it is so true. Worst. Villain. Ever. (If he even deserves THAT title.) The Force Awakens was my second-to-least-favorite of the Star Wars movies. It was so inconsistent. (My least favorite was num 3 chronologically.) It didn't even deserve to be called a Star Wars movie. Disney totally should have followed George Lucas' script. Would have been so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT BETHANY HOW. The Force Awakens is like the only movie I actually really like. (At least that I can think of at the moment. XD) To be fair though I haven't seen the other Star Wars movies, soooo XD

      Delete
    2. NOW ITS MY TURN TO TO SAY "WHAT JONATHAN HOW." How have you NOT seen the other Star Wars movies???!!! You HAVE to see the other movies! I'll give you some grace for liking The Force Awakens because you haven't seen the others. If you had, you would see what a REAL villain looks like, and see how inconsistent this movie actually is. There are so many flaws...don't get me started. (Wait, I guess I got myself started.) Okay, so just watch the others though. If you do not...remember I can hypnotize too. Mwahaha! BEWARE if you do not watch the others soon! (Let me know when you do!)

      Delete
    3. I HAVE TOO MUCH OF A LIFE TO SIT ON THE SOFA AND WATCH SIX MOVIES. :P :P
      Kidding. We may watch them at some point? No idea though. XD But if we do I shall tell you. XD

      Delete
    4. What?!?! You need to watch them
      He clone wars were just eh
      It was kinda cheesy to me and seemed like it was a low budget but to old ones are a must see

      Delete
    5. The Clone Wars were pretty good, but I'll admit, it did take a while for them to get good, and even once they were good, there'd be a few annoying episodes.
      You have to at least watch the Original Trilogy, Jonathan. The new movie is good, but not as good as the original trilogy.

      Delete
  12. Eeeee, villians! B-) Rebekah tagged me too, and I can't wait to do it. ;)

    Charles Kemp is the only one of these peoples (new word) that I'm familiar with. Beyond the Mask is an AMAZING MOVIE!!! Ahh, I love it sooo much. :D I *slightly* 'know' The Bird, but not really. xP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh fun can't wait to read yours! :D

      I KNOW I love it also. *nods* XD I've read and watched Unbroken. :)

      Delete
    2. Beyond the mask was a really good movie.

      Delete
  13. Pitch is a glorious villain yesyes *nods* You should watch the movie again. It is one of my faaaaavorites!

    And the dude from Princess Bride: AHHHHHHHH. HE'S PROBABLY MY FAVORITE VILLAIN EVER BECAUSE HE IS JUST SO REDICULOUS AND HYSTERICAL AND SO QUOTABLE
    that whole movie is so quotable, to be honest XP Is it strange I have trouble with everyone's names? Like, you so rarely hear them spoken and ... I dunno. I've grown up watching the movie and I can't tell you the name of the giant guys (Fezzip or something like that?) and I didn't know Vizzini's name until recently when I looked it up ... And then forgot it. Oops XP

    (Of course, Inigo Montoya's name isn't hard to forget ... Hehe. Heeeeee.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Yes I probably should really the only thing I remember is that the Easter Bunny had an Australian accent and he threw boomerangs which I thought was pretty cool. :D

      I KNOW HE'S HILARIOUS. No it's not strange at all. :) I literally had to look up like half of those villains names because I couldn't remember them. :P Because "the creepy black dude from Rise of the Guardians" won't cut it. XD

      (And I'm pretty sure it's Fezzick? Don't quote me on that though. XD No that one I can remember. :D )

      Delete
  14. Vizzini, all the way!!! Great choice, I just love the character. I may be partially biased in his case because I had the chance to play his part in a play/Irish dance/Princess Bride thingy. One of my favorite parts was being able to boss Fezzik around, even though he was twice my height practically! It was a great opportunity to let my inner Vizzini loose. (People still call me Vizzini to this day.)

    Other than that, Pitch Black and King Miraz were both great villains. Awesome list, Jonathan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh really, that sounds like fun! :D Oh goodness that would have been a favorite for me too, I'm sorta short myself. :P

      Thanks for commenting, Thomas! :D

      Delete
  15. Fun choices! :) I just watched Les Mis last night and... GAH I LOVE IT ITS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL MOVIE. And Javert is an excellent villain; I actually started feeling sorry for him at the end there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW ISN'T IT? XD Indeed he is. :) It's because he's SO CONFLICTED. :) :)

      Delete