Defy Blog Tour!

Defy Blog Tour Header

TODAY I'M SUPER EXCITED TO BE IN THE DEFY BLOG TOUR. (I'm on the last day too, which is actually kinda cool. XD) So... yeah let's get on with this.


Summary

The war for Acktar has begun.

With his betrayal revealed, former Blade Leith Torren flees into the Sheered Rock Hills, pursued by King Respen’s vengeful Blades.

Left behind at Nalgar Castle, Renna Faythe tries to find her purpose, yet that purpose isn’t what she expected.

Brandi Faythe has been torn from her sister, and that isn’t all right. If Leith can’t rescue Renna, Brandi will take matters into her own hands.

War demands sacrifice. Courage falters. Who will find the strength to defy King Respen?

Acktar rests on one hope:

The Leader is ready.

(okay does that just not sound amazing? XD)


Aaaaannnnddd now for the cover.

Defy_Cover

Buy the book on Amazon. (pretty sure the link goes to the Kindle ebook, but if you want paperback you can just change the format.)

Dare and Deny Sale Image

Okay so I'm going to tell you to read these two books AND NOW IS THE PERFECT TIME BECAUSE LOOK THEY'RE ON SALE. (due to technical things the sale actually goes until June 4 THAT'S PLENTY OF TIME TO BUY THEM GUYS.)


So finding yourself at the END of the blog tour is a little hard (still cool though) because you've been reading everyone else's reviews and now you have to write your own but you don't want to copy anyone else's. XD

But I shall do my best. :D




**My Review: 5 of 5 Stars**

Okay so first off if you haven't read the other books in the series (Dare and Deny) then you should go do that right now.

Okay, done reading those two? :P Moving on.

Defy picks up right where Deny left out. Renna is trapped in Nalgar Castle with King Respen (NOOOOO D: D: D: XD also he has a new evil scheme unveiled so D: D: ), Leith and Brandi are riding to safety, and the resistance is getting ready for battle.

So this one was probably my favorite in the series. It has more action, it's more intense, and it has THE BEST character development. We get to see a lot more of Brandi in this book then I remember seeing in the other two (although my memory is finicky XD), and she really develops as a character. Also Renna has obviously changed A LOT over the course of the whole series, and of course there's Leith. And Martyn. And basically just all of the characters. (Even the villain which is really good because he's a really uncliche villain so #bonuspoints Oh and he also has a really good backstory so #morepoints)

The storyline was gripping, especially with Renna trapped in the Castle with the evil king (and his new plot D: D: D: D: I could not express my distress over this XD) and Leith/Brandi trying to figure out HOW TO SAVE HER. (also can we all just admit to the UTTER FOOLISHNESS of the prince dude who locks Leith up  SOLELY BECAUSE HE'S A BLADE. UM NO. #notokay)

Also more battles = more action = more awesome. And the author can even do the 'girl-dresses-up-as-boy-thing' without it seeming cliché.

The themes of faith are carried out effectively, without seeming preachy. (Which I've never minded preachiness but it is a novel so this is a plus.)

I'd highly recommend this book for anyone who likes non-magical fantasy. :) (Probably like... 13-14+? Maybe 15+. Not sure though... it did have some torture.)


(hopefully the link works XD we'll see though)


About the Author

DSC09446Tricia Mingerink is a twenty-something, book-loving, horse-riding country girl. She lives in Michigan with her family and their pack of pets. When she isn’t writing, she can be found pursuing backwoods adventures across the country.
You can connect with her on Facebook, Pinterest, Goodreads, Twitter, Instagram, and her blog.




Blog Tour Schedule

May 26

May 27
May 30
May 31 – Release Day!
June 1
June 2
June 3

SO WHAT ARE YOU STANDING AROUND HERE FOR? Go buy the books! And make sure to check out the other posts in the blog tour! :)

~Jonathan

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

17 comments:

  1. Yeeeees!!! MARTYN OH MY GOSH I LOVE MARTYN SO MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *chuckles* I actually really liked him in this book also. I didn't like him as much in the first two though. XD

      Delete
    2. Well I still liked him, I just liked him the most in Defy. :)

      Delete
  2. These look good. Will have to check out

    ReplyDelete
  3. You overlooked mentioning that Leith and Renna are like THE sweetest couple ever...but I guess guys don't really care about such things. ;)

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ehehehe I wouldn't say we don't care about such things, we just aren't paying nearly as much attention to them XD

      Thanks! :)

      Delete
    2. This is what I was wondering in my new post, do guys get the feels?

      Delete
    3. Absolutely. Just not for the same reasons girls do. XD
      (although there is common ground like THE FAV CHARRIE DYING EEK D: D: D: XD)
      (also I know we already discussed this on your post but for the benefit of anyone else reading... XD)

      Delete
    4. Yes hahahaha just saw this. I wouldn't have known cause any guy friends I do have don't talk about books and whatnot. *shame on them*

      Delete
  4. YAY YOU GOT IT DONE :D great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUS I DID. XD Between that and fixing the pages, I'm pretty pleased. :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for being a part of the blog tour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tagged you. Again. ;)

    http://4rmeddy.blogspot.com/2016/06/its-show-time-tag.html

    ReplyDelete