August is Over

After a brief break, THE MONTHLY WRAP-UP POSTS HAVE RETURNED.

Because when I mentioned stopping them, public outcry (aka like four people) drove me to believe that some of you guys actually do enjoy them. So now I'm tweaking things a little and including some new categories in the wrap-up, just because I was getting tired of the old categories.*

So anyways. Enough said. ON WITH THE SHOW.

*disclaimer: categories are subject to the whims of a very sporadic blogger and may change at any time




favorite blog posts


Camp NaNo Recap (aka the Month of Insanity and no Sleep) YES I KNOW. EVERYONE AND THEIR NEIGHBOR'S COUSIN DID A CAMP NANO POST. But of aaaaallll of them, this one was my favorite. So you should go read it. XD


How To Be Discerning in the Books We Read An awesome post about what discernment is, why we need it, and how to apply it to our lives. 


Writers (and Star Wars) Because writing + Star Wars = awesome. You can't go wrong. 


The Thing About Butterflies Ok this post is like super insightful and you just need in your life. Trust me on this. XD


night at b&n: why barnes and noble would be the best place to hide if you decided to stay in a public building for a night The title of this post speaks for itself. What are you still doing here? GO. READ. (actually wait finish reading this first XP)


One Step at a Time A super profound post about trusting God with your life. 


Preparing for the Future This post title is pretty self explanatory. XD But you definitely need to go read this one. (Plus, it's from my sister's blog. Don't worry, she's much nicer than me. You can go ahead and stalk. :P)



blog happenings

Weeelll mostly just BUTTONS! (actually I think this was last month but I don't think I mentioned it) I have a new buttons page with like five different buttons because variety. GO AND STEAL A BUTTON, MINIONS. Also go stalk the blogs page to find some other cool blogs. (maybe your own :D) 


Other than that, I hit 15,000 PAGEVIEWS AAAAAHHHHH I'M SO EXCITED. 


Ahem. Anyways. *folds hands on lap to remain dignified* 


I now have 46 email followers and 66 Google Friend Connect followers bringing me to a total of 112 followers. HUZZAH.  :) 


But other than the boring stats and the buttons there's nothing much going on with the blog so moving forwards. XD



ramblings of the month


Just in case you missed one of my posts and wanted to get caught up. :) (Plus everyone else does it so XP) Click on the picture to head over to one of my posts! 




http://fishing4ideas.blogspot.com/2016/08/wacky-things-that-writers-google.html

http://fishing4ideas.blogspot.com/2016/08/purposeful-pages-august-edition.html



writing update 


GUUUUUUUUYYYYYSSSSS I FINISHED THE RAVEN PROJECT!!!!!! The first draft is 92, 251 words. And yes, you can all read it. When I am done editing out all the plot holes for 23 years. :P

But as I was nearing the end of it, I realized that I'm going to need a sequel. XD So yup, now I've got that on my plate. I'm not really worrying about that right now though, because I still need to collect my thoughts and try not to flop down dead now that book one is done. XP Not sure when I'm starting up edits yet, I kinda want to do NaNoWriMo this year so maybe after that? But nothing's set in stone yet. :)

So the other thing I'm really working on is a dystopian idea I've had for a while but am just now really developing and starting to write. (read in: I probably should have planned more but I jumped in and cranked out the first 25k. XD)

I'm playing around with split POV (three main characters) for this one, and I'm really enjoying it so far. Although working out all the kinks is much trickier than with a one POV novel. I'm trying to finish this one by November (because like I said I'm interested in doing NaNoWriMo), and I'm doing really well actually because it's probably only going to be around 65-70k. So basically I'm already almost a third of the way done, yay. I'll probably get a page up soon for this idea, so you can look for that. :D



Aaannddd that's all for today, folks. YES I KNOOOWWW you're thinking "Um 'scuse me but what about BOOKS?" Weelllll I sort of didn't read like... hardly at all this month. XP So yeah in case you were wondering. (which we all know you were so you may as well 'fess up. XD)

BUT ANYHOW HOW DID YOUR MONTHS GO? And since I seemed to read a pitiful amount this month, what did you read? What are you writing? TELL ME AAAALLLLLL. XD


~Jonathan

Share this:

CONVERSATION

39 comments:

  1. Oh! Congrats on finishing your book! I know the wonderful feeling of writing those last few words. I only just finished one of my own books earlier this year. But the editing...I might be finished with the editing in 20 years. If I'm lucky. ;)
    Well, I would tell you what I've been reading, but it looks like I have to confess as well. *whispers* I haven't read anything this month. Besides my Bible of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks! Gah saaaame I'm dreading the editing but I have to get around to it at some point. XP
      WHAT NO WAY. :P Ha don't worry I won't tell. :D

      Delete
  2. WAIT, AUGUST IS OVER?!?!? XD it flew by, just like this summer has... :P
    Congratulations on finishing your book!!! Can't wait to read it!!! :D
    (Btw, where have you been, the forum is way too quiet without someone *ahem* stirring something up. XP)
    Well, I finished the Ascendance Trilogy and several OYANer novels from the showcase, but I haven't read much else. Things keep happening. But I'm rereading Blades of Acktar now because why not. :P
    I wrote a short story which /should/ be up on the forum soon. But that's all for this month. Again, life...XP
    School starts next week for us, I think. *mental heart attack* (wait, is that even possible? O_o)
    I think that's all for me. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKRRR I WHEN I POSTED THIS I WAS LIKE 'I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.' XP
      Thanks!
      (Ha well my computer hated it and wouldn't load it for a while but it's working now. :D)
      Ooh yes I still need to read that. AH Blades of Acktar ha you can't wrong. XP
      Ooh kk I'll be stalking to see when you post it. :)
      Lol we do school through the summer so everyone else is like 'NOO SCHOOLLL' and I'm just all calm. XP

      Delete
    2. (So I've discovered. *shrugs* good to see ya back though. :P)
      Blades... <3
      We did school through summer this year too, so it's pretty much just adding more subjects...but still, it's more school. :P
      M'kay, stalker. XP

      Delete
  3. -dies because you mentioned my post-

    ALSO I got Navigating Early from the library so I will def be picking it up soon ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -high fives because it was a great post- :D

      OOH YESSS YOU WILL ADORE IT.

      Delete
  4. Yay I love reading recaps!
    The writing + Star Wars post makes me happy, what a pretty darn perfect combination.
    Congrats on your blog growing! That's always really exciting :)
    I'm super pumped to read your story, it sounds pretty great.

    Elizabeth
    http://whimsicalthoughtss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikrrrr that was my thought exactly, plus it's gifs which is even better. :D
      THANKS SO MUCH I'M REALLY THRILLED. XD
      Aw well thanks, glad it interests you! :)

      Delete
  5. This all sounds great! I am going to look at the posts you have liked reading. I have been loving reading your blog. You should totally do a vlog that would be lots of fun!!! HEYYY! 15,000 page views!! WOW THERE! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ooh yes they're definitely worth the read. Well thanks so much! Glad you've been enjoying! Ooh that's not a bad idea I'll definitely consider that... THANKS SO MUCH I'M REALLY EXCITED. :D

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on finishing your book!! I never get past the first few chapters with mine, haha... Yeah it's sad, I think maybe I'm not meant to be a writer, but for some reason I keep going back to it. So maybe one day in the far off future!

    I haven't read hardly anything this month either! Just like, 2 days ago I was telling my mom, "I have only read one book this month! That's not normal!!" It was The Two Towers. I liked it much more than the The Fellowship, but it was still slow reading. I think because I'd just watched the movie again, so I knew what was going to happen, so I wasn't really eager. That is literally all I've read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha you just have to keep on writing! :P

      Ah see at least that's a pretty hefty one though! XD Ah yeah I'm the same way with books/movies. Book first! :D

      Delete
  7. Also I'm looking forward to reading your book! (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU FINISHED THE RAVEN PROJECT?!? Congrats!! I'm so excited for you!! *throws a virtual party* �� XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh, why is August already over?!?!?! It was JUST April, seriously! *face palm because soon enough it'll be Christmas* not that I have anything against Christmas... But, yeah XD

    Anywho, I have read a proud SEVEN books this month, which is more than I thought I'd be able to read. So yay! XP Sorry you didn't get to read any.

    WHAT. YOU. FINISHED. THE. RAVEN. PROJECT. I. NEED. TO. READ. NOW!!! Jon, that's SOO AMAZING AND I APPLAUD YOU BECAUSE I AM STILL ONLY 26K INTO MY APRIL CAMP NANO PROJECT :P (seriously i should write more in that sometime)

    I saw Navigating Early at a Half-Price Bookstore, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to read it because 1) I have WAAAAY too many books to read as it is :P and 2) I wasn't sure about like curse words or stuff like that and I didn't want to buy a book I wouldn't potentially finish... sooooo, I didn't get it.

    On a side note, did you start school yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikrrrrr the year is flying by like really fast. XD

      WOW THAT'S A LOT GREAT JOB. Ha, well this month I've already read like three so I'm making up for it! :D

      BAHA WELL THANKS SO MUCH I HAVE 22 YEARS OF EDITING BUT YEAH. XD IT'S ONE BIG TANGLED MESS RIGHT NOW. :P BUT YES YOU SHOULD WRITE MORE IN THAT. XD

      Ha I feel you ever since I got on Goodreads my TBR shelf is like exploding. xP Oh haha well just for the record it's squeaky clean, no swearing or anything sexual, and it really doesn't even have any violence. (except for like one part with the bear XP)

      Well we do school through the summer so... yes. xD

      Delete
    2. THANKS I HOPE TO READ AT LEAST FOUR THIS MONTH XD

      YES I SHOULD.

      Lol, right, I have like over 86 books on my TBR shelf right now XD
      Oh, awesome, now I have 87 books on my TBR ;)

      Oh, haha, okay. What grade are you in?

      Delete
    3. AH OK YOU CAN DO IT.

      YUP YOU'VE GOT THIS.

      Haha I only have like... 50. XP

      I'm in 11th right now. :D

      Delete
  10. A big, hearty congratulations on finishing that book! It's really an awesome feeling to know you've completed your story - even when it needs a sequel, lol! Looking forward to seeing it someday.
    Don't feel bad about not reading, my summer's been so busy I've read only one book since June. 'A Monster Calls' by Patrick Ness, it may be my one and only of the summer, but it was definitely worth that position for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Haha yeah it sure is, although the sequel will be a lot of work, I'm still excited. :D
      Haha well at least that was a good one! :)

      Delete
  11. Since I'm new, I'm like... whaaat? o.O But hello and congrats, man. On the stats increase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well hey there and welcome! Thanks so much! :D

      Delete
  12. AHHHHH YOU MENTIONED MY POST IN YOUR FAVORITE POSTS SECTION AND YOU ACTUALLY SAID IT WAS PROBABLY YOUR FAVORITE CAMP NANO POST AND JUST LET ME DIE OKAY.

    *takes a deep breath* Now perhaps I can finish this comment without hyperventilating. XP

    WUT HOW DO YOU HAVE SO MANY FOLLOWERS?! I have like...35. I even started my blog a month before you so...TELL ME YOUR SECRETS.

    Ahhhh, congrats on finishing The Raven Project!!! I STILL haven't written anything since Camp NaNo. o_O IT'S SAD. But don't worry, I plan on writing at least 15k this month if I can.

    This is actually the first time I've commented (*cough*) so YAY ME. I'm not a silent stalker anymore. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT NO YOU CAN'T DIE ACTUALLY. *revives you* XP THAT WAS A GOOD POST THOUGH.

      Ha, ok we shall see how that goes. ;)

      I'M TELLING YOU IT'S BC YOUR GFC BUTTON WAS BROKEN FOR LIKE AGES. Don't worry, you shall get more. :D

      Thanks! Ah ok well good job go write those words. :P

      Haha well what's wrong with silent stalkers? *cough* XD

      Delete
  13. Ahhhh you finished a book! That's so exciting! :D Also, I had planned to read twenty books this month, and ... well ... ehem. No. I read ... three. *siiiigh* I NEED TO WORK ON THIS.

    Thank you for mentioning my post! Gives me all da warm fuzzies *beams* AND I AM SO PUMPED FOR NANOWRIMO AHDSKJFHLAEKJFHLAKESJFHLAWEUFHLEWAUFHA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS I'M SUPER THRILLED. XD Ah same. I wrote a lot though so there's that. XP SO DO I.

      Ha well it was a great post! AH I'VE NEVER DONE IT BEFORE BUT I'M PRETTY EXCITED ALSO HOPEFULLY I DON'T FAIL. XD

      Delete
  14. Hooray for monthly wrap-ups!! :D I enjoyed this post and...that post graphic. LOVE. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed! IKR I WAS SUPER PROUD OF THAT THANKS. XD

      Delete
  15. Month reviews are actually some of my favorite posts to write, although mine are quite different from yours. I also have fun reading them, because like, it's cool seeing how everyone lives such different lives.
    CONGRATS on finishing your Ravens book! So cool! I'm new to your blog, so I pretty much have zero clue what it's about, but finishing a book just totally rocks!
    Welcome to September (aka, the beginning of the best time of year!).
    Aidyl from Noveltea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah really? Mine are fun but I typically have to start them like a week in advance because they're time consuming. :P
      THANK SO MUCH. Ah well if you're interested I have a page for it under 'The Writing.' :D
      Ah yes I'm looking forward to cooler weather.

      Delete
  16. CONGRATULATIONS ON FINISHING YOUR BOOK! That is awesome. I read the page you have for it and was sucked in lol; I cannot wait till it hits shelves! ;)
    Yeah, I didn't read much last month, but I seriously have a stack of books I just got in the mail- I am soo excited! xD I've got 'If We Survive' by Andrew Klavan, 'The Negotiator' by Dee Henderson... I am all set. I'm very grateful to my Ma to show me how to use Internet shopping because it is so CHEAP. AHhh!
    YHVH bless!
    -Angela | thepeculiarmessenger.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS SO MUCH! Ooh glad you liked it! :D
      Ah books coming in the mail is always exciting! 'If We Survive' is pretty good, I've read that one. I haven't read the other one though. YES INTERNET SHOPPING IS SUPER CHEAP. XD

      Delete
  17. Hehe, glad you're continuing the monthly highlights posts! Though they CAN be super long putting together, methinks your readers really enjoy reading 'em! So it's always worth it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, so am I actually! Yes that was the impression I got. :D

      Delete
  18. Editing. . .I know! I used to think I liked editing. Yeah right.Thankfully my book is a measly 15,000+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haaaaaa editing is harsh. XP Well hey that's not so bad! Makes editing it all the easier! :D

      Delete