Purposeful Pages: August Edition

HUZZAH IT'S TIME FOR PURPOSEFUL PAGES AGAIN, MY FAVORITE LINK-UP. (*cough* Also the only one I participate in with any degree of regularity but nuance. XD)  Anyhow, on to the questions and what-not.

Purposeful Pages Meme

*OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION THING* Purposeful Pages is a monthly link-up designed to unite bloggers on answering questions about life, blogging, the Bible, writing, and books. 

What you should take away from that: Obviously you need this link-up in your life and on your blog IMMEDIATELY. So here you can find the rules and how to participate on Hannah's and Amanda's blogs.

Ok so here are the questions and my answers:

What book of the Bible taught you the most this month?

I've been learning a lot from Amanda's Hebrews Bible study! But also, my Dad just started a series on Ephesians and I've already learned a lot from that too. :D
How would you react if you were in the positions of either Esther, if you’re a girl, or Daniel, if you’re a guy?
Well I can't say for sure how I would react because I've never been in a situation like that, but I hope that I would lean on God for guidance and choose to make the right decision in faith.
If you could have a book character for a sibling, who would it be, and what makes you two alike?
Well it would most definitely be somebody from The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton. I think I'm probably the most like Sodapop, since he's more bouncy and playful. :D
How would your main character normally spend his or her Friday night?
Tinkering with things, most likely.
What are the top three books that you're just dying to read?

Ok so probably The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen, The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton (ok so technically a reread but it totally counts), and Brothers-in-Arms by Jack Lewis Baillot.
Can you briefly share the story behind your blog's name?
Well honestly there's not really much of a story. It's sort of a pun/spin-off of my last name. (kudos to those of you who figured that out on your own XD)
What do you consider to be your blog's 'branding', or signature? What sets your blog or social media platform apart from others?
I'd say what sets it apart is the fact that I sometimes feature humor and sometimes feature Christianity and sometimes future writing in different posts.
Who are a few of your favorite bloggers?
*points to the blogs page* Go and stalk. XD
If you could go on a road trip of your dreams, where would you go and who would you spend time with?
Hmm well I guess I would probably go camping somewhere with all of you guys. :) (And yes you would have to come even if you don't like to camp mwahaha.)
Using five words or less, tell a story.
Circumstances never defined his future.


So there you have it, month two of Purposeful Pages. What did you think? Will you be participating in the link-up? :)

~Jonathan


Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

26 comments:

  1. You and Sodapop...yes, I can see this. XD

    The False Prince!!!!! Ack, YES YOU MUST READ THOSE!!!!!!!!!!! I don't remember if I mentioned this, but it has an awesome plot twist that I was so not expecting. I was listening to the audiobook version at work, and when I got to that part, I stopped what I was doing, and just stood there with a mental jaw drop/blank stare/"how did I not see this coming" look on my face. XD And not to mention the feels... XP Summary, yes, you must read these asap. =P

    Yes, rereadings totally count. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sisters enjoyed false Prince. I need to read it, but I also need to finish my current pile.

      Delete
    2. Right? Although my favorite is still Jonny. XP

      GAH OKAY I'LL PROBABLY READ IT SOON-ISH. XD Currently I'm reading some books that my Dad assigned and I at least have to get through those first though. (ha Mark we're in the same boat lol)

      Delete
  2. Might just have to do this! A camping trip with fellow bloggers sounds legitimate like I could see days of photos, reading books, and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Literally I'll go camping anytime, any day, any place. Like, I can even ride on the roof of the car... XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOODNESS THE FALSE PRINCE WAS SOOOOOO GOOD
    And I totally understand the pun behind the name. *laughs*
    Thanks for participating Jon. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT'S WHAT I'VE HEAAARRDDDD. XP
      Lol well glad it makes sense to somebody. :P
      Sure thing! :D

      Delete
  5. Fun! I don't think I'll be able to participate anytime soon, but maybe eventually. There's also a few others that I've been wanting to join in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh ok I'll be watching your blog for these other ones! (if you decide to them) :D

      Delete
  6. By the way, where is the page of the blogs you follow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Under the parent page 'buttons and such' it's the one entitled 'stalkers welcome' :)

      Delete
  7. I enjoy reading this link-up on several of my favorite blogs! And I have to say I agree with your analysis of what makes your blog different. The humor caught my eye the first time I visited, and made me come back to see what other shenanigans you would come up with. The Christian themes are frequent and the writing themes are as well. It's a good balance. ---Libby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha why thank you! I'm glad I'm well balanced! :P

      Delete
  8. Finally it's about time you did the link up. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it took me a bit to get the questions answered. XP

      Delete
  9. Been there, done that! ;) This post was really fun to read, and I get kudos!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! Lol glad you got the pun. XD

      Delete
  10. Our pastor just recently finished going through Ephesians... It's actually my favorite book of the Bible :) I've never actually seen this link-up but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, cool! It's a great book of the Bible! :D Yeah, it's got really great questions. :)

      Delete
  11. THE FALSE PRINCE

    THE FAAALLLLLSSSSSE PRIINNNNNNCE

    you must read it

    *hypnotizes you*

    You will go to the nearest bookstore and purchase a copy of The False Prince (because you must own it as you will be wanting to reread it a thousand+ times) and you will then go home and lock yourself in your room and not emerge until you have devoured the ingeniousness of Jennifer A. Nielsen. You might want to buy the other two books while you're at the bookstore to save gas, because you'll go and get them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHA I'll get around to it... sometime. *glances at giant TBR pile* XP

      Delete
  12. Thanks for doing this, Jonathan! :D Awesome answers. (And I totally melted at your answer to #1. [Melting. It's a thing. Don't question.] xD)

    Okay you keep raving about The Outsiders and are making me wanna read it too...AAHHH.

    A CAMPING TRIP. YES. Let's. Make. This. Happen. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! It was fun! Haha ok I'll take your word for it. XP

      YES YOU HAVE TO GO READ IT NOW. *follows Hannah's example and hypnotizes you* XD

      IKR SO MUCH FUN. :D

      Delete
  13. Oo very cool!! I'll definitely have to go stalk these people now... ;)

    ReplyDelete