The Wisteria Writer Tag (at last)

OK SO A COUPLE OF PEOPLE TAGGED ME FOR THIS ONE. (like aaaagggeesss ago XD) But confession: I actually waited on purpose so I could pick which set of questions I liked best. (#evilmastermindgoals) Yes, I know. It was brilliant really. *swooping bow* Because none of you want to filter through 40 questions about me and my writing. XD

BUT A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO TAGGED ME: Rebekah, Emily, and Aidan. I thought Aidan's questions were really good and interesting and relatively easy to answer so I'm going to be answering his. :D 




















Rules: 

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you. 
2. Answer the ten questions asked. 
3. Add ten (writing or book related) questions of your own. 
4. Nominate people. 

Aidan's questions: 

What is your least favorite book, and why?


Least favorite book? Haaaarsh. XP While I probably couldn't pick one book that is my absolute least favorite, I would say that the Mindwar trilogy by Andrew Klavan was extremely disappointing because I really liked his Homelanders series. 


Favorite author?

WHYYYYY I CANNOT CHOOSE ONE FAVORITE AUTHOR I'M SORRY.  But a few of my favorites are Clare Vanderpool (naaavigaaaatiiiinnnnggg eeaarrrllyyyyy), Nadine Brandes, and S. E. Hinton. 

If you could only write one more novel, what would it be about? 

O.O Woooooow um okay then that's a rather depressing scenario. XD Buuuut right now in the back of my head I have this idea for a Prince and the Pauper retelling which is sort of on hold at the moment. So I would probably write that. :D


What is your favorite genre to write in?

Well I've completed a contemporary novel, I'm drafting a dystopian novel, and I'm planning a fantasy novel so... yeah I don't really have a favorite. XD However I WILL SAY that I really like to write in first person present tense, which is probably a bit unusual. 

Do you model your characters after people you know, or do you try to avoid it? 

Well I don't really try to avoid it? I don't really see a reason to. However, I don't consciously model my characters after people in my life. Although I think that the people closest to me do definitely influence what goes in to my characters. :D

How long does it take you to finish a novel? 

Well, that depends on the length of the novel. (Obviously. XP) The Raven Project took me aaaaggeeess to write. (I think I started it in October and I'm just finished the first draft at about 90k words.) My dystopian novel that I'm just starting already has about 30k in it (ok maybe not 'just' starting XP) and is hopefully going to be around 60k. I hope to finish that one by November. 

Do you listen to music while you write? What kind? 

No. And no. XD Music distracts me if I'm trying to read or write. :D

How often and for how long do you write? 

Well I write every day, normally more than once. Typically when I sit down it's for at least twenty minutes or so, sometimes longer. Normally I sit down and write more than once in the day though. (Like typically a little before school and more after.)

Current project you're working on? 

The dystopian novel. Yes, I knooooow that's super vague but I'm working on getting a page up. XD But also I'm planning my fantasy novel We Are the Guilty. (also random but I'm thinking I might change the title to Guilty as the Dust and I was wondering if that sounds better or not. :D) 

Which of your characters is your least favorite and why? 

Bleeeeh probably Solomon Crane from The Raven Project simply because in my first draft he's super flat and undeveloped so it's gonna take some work to clean him up. XD



tagged humans

Bethany


Aidyl


Bookworm Boy


Alea


Bonnie


Hannah


Thomas


Chloe


Mary


Rachael


skyedancer


writefury


Emily


AND ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO. Don't worry you're not obligated to do this if I tagged you specifically and you don't want to. :D

my questions for YOU 

1. Which of your writing projects is your favorite and why? 

2. Can you share some snippets from your favorite project? (and no you cannot say no to this IT IS MANDATORY) 


3. What is your favorite tense (past, present, future) and voice (first, third; I don't think it's actually called that but I'm using that word because it makes sense to me and I can't think of the right one. XD) to write in? 


4. When is your favorite time to write?


5. What is the the most unpleasant thing you've put one of your characters through? (random note but this question stems almost entirely from a Camp NaNo April conversation in which we discussed why it's good to be mean to your characters. XP Yup, I still remember it.)


6. Are you a more character-driven writer or a more plot-driven writer? 


7. Are you a plotter or a pantser? 


8. What is your favorite word processing system to write in and why do you like it? (SCRIVENER FOR THE WIN) 


9. If you were left on an abandoned island with the last character you wrote about, how would that go for you? (I know it's super original but unfortunately not from me. XD I pulled it off a meme.) 


10. What is your favorite writing resource? (this could be a blog, website, newsletter, writing book, that one pet who listens to all your writerly ramblings, anything basically XP)



So what do you think? Anyone going to steal this? What did you think of my answers? :D

~ Jonathan 

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

26 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag! I love your questions, they're super creative and I'm looking forward to answering them when I get a minute to breathe. :P
    It was also cool to read your answers, hurray for being a writer with a hand in all the genres! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yay I'll be stalking for your answers! Haha no pressure though. :D
      Well thanks!

      Delete
  2. I'm so honoured you tagged me! Thanks :) I'll pass this time, I think, since I did a tag not long ago and I'm not actually writing any books so I wouldn't be able to answer many of the questions. :P
    Great answers! You always write in such an entertaining easy-read way, Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT NOT WRITING A BOOK? *gasp* XP Jk, jk. No worries! :)
      Ha well thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. What is your favorite genre to write in?

    Well I've completed a contemporary novel, I'm drafting a dystopian novel, and I'm planning a fantasy novel so... yeah I don't really have a favorite.

    ^^^ That is SO ME right now... XD (Ok, so not exactly the same, but you get my drift.)
    Here's some waffles for mentioning me in your post. No sour patch handy...sorry. ;)
    AAUGH the questions! They are seriously tempting to answer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's just too hard to pick just ONE. XD
      Ah but I thought you were done with the waffles? :P Haha well go for it if you want to!

      Delete
  4. Loved this post, and your answers... I might just try to tackle this one soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, these questions got me thinking. XD Especially the "If you could only write one more novel..." I WOULD DIE, because I love all of my darlings equally!!

    Great answers. :) Though I am curious, what genre have you written the MOST in? And what genre do you read the most?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol well that's the idea I think. :P IKR SO WOULD I. XD

      Thanks! Hmm well I've written the most in my contemporary novel since it's completed so that probably. And I make it a point to be an extremely balanced reader so I read a little bit of everything. :D

      Delete
  6. Thanks for tagging meeee! I'll work on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kinda like the title 'We Are The Guilty', that one really draws you in, but 'Guilty As The Dust' leaves me asking questions. =D
    I'd really like to answer these Q's, so yeah, I'm stealin'. ;D
    YHVH bless.
    -Angela | thepeculiarmessenger.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah ok I CAN'T DECIDE WHICH ONE hmm I think I might just keep it... not sure yet we'll see. XP
      Cool! I'll be stalking! :D

      Delete
  8. AHHH YAY THANKS FOR THE TAG! I have like 1,293 tags to do but I'm still excited. XD (I'll probably just do some of the writing-related tags from recently in one post and not do the others. XP SORRY, GUYS. I STILL LOVE BEING TAGGED, I JUST HAVE NO TIME.)

    Argh, music distracts me sooo much! I cannot read or write while I listen to music. WHICH MAKES ME SO SAD BECAUSE MUSIC IS AWESOME. I envy people who are able to listen to music while they write.

    Ooh, I like the title Guilty as the Dust. It sounds cool. *nods emphatically*

    Nice post, Jonny! I love getting an insight into other people's writing. ^_^ Hopefully I can do this tag sometime within the next month or so. (But no promises. *cough*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA I FEEL YOU THOUGH. XD (honestly I feel the same way sometimes. XP)

      Saaaaaaaame. I think you're the first person to agree with me on that though. XD

      Ah why thank you. ^_^ Now to decide... :P

      Thanks! Haha no pressure! :D

      Delete
  9. Well of course you have to pick my questions duh. :P

    (also first person present for the win)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol well don't let it get to your head. :P

      (ooh cool beans man)

      Delete
  10. Okay, so I just discovered your blog and I am Hooked. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks so much! Glad you enjoy it! :D

      Delete
  11. 1st person POV... high-five I like that too, though it's significantly harder.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've find Dystopian and Fantasy novels interesting. However, I don't really write in those genres simply because I find them difficult to write :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, well the bright spot is you can still read 'em! :D

      Delete