October is Over

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL YOU HUMANS WHO CELEBRATE IT. Because it's the last day of October, whaaaaat. I'm actually posting a monthly wrap-up on time, and I think last month's was on time also? THIS IS A GOOD SIGN.

Anyhow, I've been super busy and may or may not be drowning in novel things. Because of NaNoWriMo. Enough said.

(read in: if this post seems short I place every single ounce of the blame on NaNoWriMo. every. single. ounce. )

(that awkward moment when you already used orange pictures for August and September and hence can't really use an orange one for October even though it's the most orange-y month of the year.) 


favorite blog posts 


NaNoWriMo Survival Kit 2016  BASICALLY I FOUND ANOTHER GUY BLOGGER. CAN I PLEASE JUST SHOUT TO THE WORLD RIGHT NOW. (which is completely rhetorical because even if you tried to say no I would still do it anyways.) I think I now know... three. Besides myself. 

Keeping Sight of God Through the Busy Seasons Darn guys this just hit me super hard (in a very good way) and you should all go read it right now. 

Isaiah 6// So, What About You? Will You Go?  If you want your mind to be blown in all the best ways possible then go read this. 

It's Okay to Not Constantly Write  I'm going to just let you go read this one since the title is fairly self explanatory. XD

10 Thoughts Everyone Has Before NaNo (Warning: This May Terrify You)  This post is me basically. Read on at your own risk. 


blog happenings 


Basically this month I'm going to just use this section to throw in a bunch of miscellaneous things that are only semi-related to the blog. You have been warned. 

1) I became an official fanclub manager and I even have a cool button thing.
official-blank-mastermind-fanclub-manage
(click the picture) Basically it's a serial story about a villain with amnesia and superheroes and bombs and plots and all that good stuff. Also snark happens.  

[JonnyBoy T. is a username I use sometimes in case you were wondering XD]

2) I engaged in a virtual bake off (aka fight to the death) which you might hear more about in a future post. We shall see. 

3) I got to meet up in person with a blogging friend. 



Oh yes. Envy me. It's Amanda Beguerie. Which essentially just makes me famous now because she has like nearly 300 followers. (the one on the right is my sister so you should all go stalk her.) NEEDLESS TO SAY, IT WAS VERY FUN. XD

4) I hit 20,000 pageviews. 

I'm not hyperventilating you're hyperventilating. 

5) This happened: 


I have been proclaimed dead of laughter. I request that a jumbo sized bag of sour patch be placed on my grave. (photo credit goes to Hannah)

writing update 

I basically did one of these as the intro for a recent post. But mostly just NaNo. And plotting. And editing. (don't ask why I'm editing it's complicated) The 5k1Day is tomorrow (NOT TOO LATE TO JOIN) so I'm doing that with some other people (no I'm not linking to everyone's blogs there's literally like 20 XD) so we shall see how that goes. 

Yes that was a short section. 

Yes half of it was in parentheses. 

No I do not have any regrets. 

YES I AM TOTALLY READY FOR NANO. BRING IT.  

Moving on.

top nonfiction book 

Image result for 5 secrets of story structure

This was... kinda the only non fiction book I read this month. XD 

top fiction book 

Image result for the mysterious benedict society

#shocker Yup, it's gonna be this one. Surprise surprise. 

ramblings of the month 

the-rise-tour-blogger-banner-1



Image result for the mysterious benedict society


AND THERE IS THE END OF MY WRAP UP, HUZZAH. I know it was rather short, but never fear. If NaNo doesn't fry my brain before my next post, I will return. 

So yeah. Anyways. I shall now leave you with that ominous message and the request (psshtt who am I kidding it's more like a demand) to leave a comment.

~ Jonathan 

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

54 comments:

  1. I feel you. *nods* I'm like slightly freaking out about NaNo because that's obviously the correct response to NaNo.
    OH MY WORD YOU GOT TO MEET PEOPLES? I LOVES MEETING PEOPLES! Although I've only met Nadine Brandes so far...Oh, and the Go Teen Writers people, but no bloggers yet. JUST WAIT OYAN WORKSHOP 2017! I SHALL HOPEFULLY MEET ONE OF MAH BUDDIES THERE IF ALL GOES WELL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well okay but you get credit for having the proper response yet somehow still staying dignified? XP
      YES I DID IT WAS REALLY AWESOME. Okay wait
      Waht
      Rachael I AM GOING TO OYAN WORKSHOP 2017 BTW

      Delete
    2. O.O YOU KIDDING! IM HOPEFULLY GOING MOST LIKELY LIKE *frlops* I HAS TO WORK A LITTLE MORE BUT ITS ALMOST GOT SURE I AM HAVE YOU BEEN BEFORE?

      Delete
    3. OYAN looks really cool, but I won't be able to go cause I never did it. *sigh*

      Delete
    4. @Rachael K I ALREADY HAVE ALL MY MONEY BAHAHA. :D And nope 2017 will be my first year I'M REALLY EXCITED.

      @Soeil ooh okay so you should totally get the curriculum then!

      Delete
  2. First! XD
    Nice post! And Happy Reformation day to any of you people who celebrate it :D
    -Faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *cough*eightminuteslatesorry*cough* XP
      Thanks! Oh haha I didn't realize that was today... or that it was even a holiday... XP

      Delete
    2. Haha, the one time I say that I was wrong XD The other one hadn't shown up yet ;P
      No problem! I love all your posts :D
      Yes, I'm surprised at how many people don't know what it is, but I guess that's just because I've known about it my whole life haha. You should look it up!

      -Faith

      Delete
    3. Haha yeah sometimes it takes an hour or two before I moderate them all! :D
      Aw well thanks! :)
      Haha well actually one of my friends just mentioned it to me (after I said I didn't know what it was) And then I saw a blog post about it so lol XD

      Delete
  3. BLANK MASTERMIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3333333333333 YES EVERYONE GO AND READ BC IT'S AMAZING!!! *flails*
    *ahem* XD
    SW 2017!!! I HOPE I CAN GO!! I want to sooo badly. I just need a way to get there and schedules to work out. Must. Meet. Awesome. Peoples. *nods*
    Good luck with NaNo. Please try not to die. o.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES IKR I ACTUALLY THINK I'M BEHIND ON ONE THOUGH? I AM FAILING IN MY DUTIES AS MANAGER BUT I THINK I'LL GO DO THAT WHEN I'M DONE HERE. XD

      Yeessss Krystal you need to coooome else it won't be the same. XD
      alright I'll /try/ not to but no promises that I won't :P

      Delete
    2. WAT YES GO READ AND GET CAUGHT UP XD

      I shall certainly try. :D

      XD *defiantly keeps you alive*

      Delete
    3. WELL I REALIZED I WAS ALREADY CAUGHT UP SO I'M REDEEMED XD

      Yes yes try very hard. :P

      *compliantly stays alive*

      Delete
    4. AND SHE JUST POSTED A NEW ONE XD

      I'm going to. XD

      *is surprised at compliance* but yaaaaay :D

      Delete
    5. HAHA I KNOW BUT I SAW THAT ONE ALREADY. *scurries off to the forum to join the fans*

      Delete
  4. Thats so cool you got to meet Amanda! And if you were talking about the lemon bar bake of, than that was entertaining. :) Awesome wrap up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss it was super awesome! Haha yes I was AND I ALMOST WON TOO. Glad it was entertaining though lol. Thanks!! :D

      Delete
  5. JONATHAN WHERE IS YOUR PRESIDENT SIGN?!?!?! THE people need to vote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH YEAH I FORGOT HOLD ON LUCKILY THERE'S AN 'EDIT POST' BUTTON XP

      Delete
  6. I can't believe it's October 31st!!! Though it's awesome because I will be keeping up my tradition by watching a Nightmare Before Christmas tonight and listening to Christmas music and decorating full blast tomorrow. My family judges me but who needs them when you have the Christmas spirit?

    You had so many awesome blog posts this month, and you linked some more awesome blog posts for me to discover, so thank you!! Also, 20,000 pageviews?? that's awesome!! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME. Like wow time flies doesn't it >.> Oh really? That sounds great though okay. XP We typically don't get out our Christmas stuff until after Thanksgiving. (but I kinda cheat and sing Christmas songs waaaaay before then so :P)

      Aw well thanks so much, glad you enjoyed!! Ikr I'm super pumped about it. :D

      Delete
  7. ACK. two things. you put my post in here and that bake off?

    it was fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) yes because darn that post was legit
      2) IKR IT WAS GOALS

      Delete
  8. '2) I engaged in a virtual bake off (aka fight to the death) which you might hear more about in a future post. We shall see.'

    you mean you lost a virtual bakeoff *smirk* it really was awesome tho not to mention the fact we both got dessert out of it xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well okay BUT YOU HAD A BETTER CAMERA. UNFAIR. Yessss it was except now there's a bunch of lemon cheesecakes bars in the fridge. that I can't eat.

      Delete
  9. WHUT. There are other guy bloggers in the world???? You are literally the only one I have ever encountered! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe well there's definitely not a bunch of others, BUT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE HUZZAH. XD

      Delete
  10. *dies at Jonathan Trout for president* Bahahahaha!!! That's hysteria. XD
    You got me Amanda?!? Eeps! I got to meet a blogger friend last year. Ahhhh, such coolness!!! :D

    Great post! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I also died :P Yeesss ikr it's so much fun! :D

      Thanks!

      Delete
  11. Dude, you're like the best presidential candidate we've got right now. You've got my vote (because, you know, I'm totally old enough to vote).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well I'm gonna take that as a compliment, thanks! :P Ooh well great (hahaha yeah totally XP)

      Delete
  12. You got to meet another blogger!!!! So cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Hmm not sure you'll have to ask my campaign manager :P

      Delete
  14. Oh my goodness. You have been having a very exciting life. Wow.

    You read "The Five Secrets to Story Structure"? What did you think?? I found it VERY HELPFUL. (Doesn't THAT sound familiar? ;P)

    I feel like I should carry around water and douse all my friends who are doing NaNo every once in awhile to wake you up. You guys are stressing me out and I'm not even DOING NaNo!! XD

    Meeting blogger friends is SO. MUCH. FUNNESS. (And no, I'm not green with jealousy, why do you ask?)

    Far thee well October...but I'm stealing the candy corn and eating it throughout November. NO ONE CAN STOP MEEEE #riledrebel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol well I guess you could say that. xD

      Yes I did! It was fairly good *nods and points to my goodreads review* (OMW YES VERY FAMILIAR LOL)

      Hmm okay that actually isn't a bad idea I hereby give you permission to douse Julia and Sarah and anyone else who sometimes beats me. *evil laugh*

      Ikr it totally is! (Hey now I didn't ask you confessed, there's a difference XP)

      OKAY BUT SAAAME BECAUSE ALL THE DISCOUNT CANDY CORN IS BEST.

      Delete
  15. Oh my word a virtual bake-off and lemon bars. HOW DID I NOT HEAR OF THIS?! And OYAN workshop (totally just saw a comment cuz this wasn't in your post) -- I have the curriculum. *sigh* Imma do it though. at some point. in the not too distant future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WELL IT WAS SORT OF SPUR OF THE MOMENT. XD She beat me though siiiiigh :P Oh well haha same, I'm actually only on lesson like 7. Shh don't tell.

      Delete
  16. AAAHHHHH! You met Amanda! Isn't she just amazing?! I lived near her for like fifteen months.

    NANOWRIMO!!! Will I make it this month? Or will I die? I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSS it was super fun and she totally is! :D Ah I'll bet that was fun! ;)

      NO YOU SHALL DEFINITELY MAKE IT I BELIEVE IN YOU XP

      Delete
  17. I'm commenting! Don't shoot! :P

    That bake off, though. *snickers* It was quite amusing to witness.

    YOU GOT TO MEET AMANDA THAT IS SO COOL. Even though I only stalk her. That is still really cool.

    You have my swor - vote. Well, if I was 18.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *defiantly shoots* lol just kidding XD

      Haha well thanks, that's a good thing right? :P

      IKR IT WAS SUPER COOL. Well hey stalking is cool, I approve of that.

      Alright well it's the thought that counts *high fives* XD

      Delete
    2. *dies dramatically* :D

      Definitely a good thing. Although it made me hungry.

      I blame you for it. I would never stalk if it wasn't for your influence.

      *high fives back*

      Delete
    3. *revives you* XD

      Aw okay but hunger is debatably good.

      WELL YOU'RE WELCOME THEN. :P

      Delete
  18. OH MY GOODNESS, YOU GOT TO MEET AMANDA. I DEFINITELY ENVY YOU. (lol, just kidding. It was so so SO amazingly much fun, seriously. Y'all are awesome. Also: that picture makes us all look related and coordinated with clothes and hair color and everything.)

    Sounds like an insane and wonderful month! The whole "Official Fanclub Manager" thing threw me off because I was convinced you'd just created a fanclub for yourself because the button says JonnyBoyT on it...like, talk about narcissism, right? XDDDDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DEFINITELY ENVY ME ALSO SINCE WE WERE DISCUSSING HOW WE COULD ENVY OURSELVES. XD (ha good line though. Yesss it was and that picture totally does omw)

      Haha save 'insane' for next month, because NaNo. :P Bahahaha nope it's for the serial story. :D

      Delete
  19. You introduced me to a new blogger. Thanks!

    I need to read more I guess. Nothing much happened for me. Yay...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well no problem, that's always a good thing. :D

      Yes you do lol. XD Haha well resting is good also ;)

      Delete
  20. Hi Jonathan,
    I know this comment is late but I just wanted to ask about 5 Secrets of Story Structure. What are you thoughts on it? Is there any rudeness in it? I have never read any of Weiland's books, so I am completely unfamiliar with the author. I am seriously considering putting this book on my Christmas list because it is exactly what I need. (judging by the tagline) XD

    YOU GOT TO MEET AMANDA!!
    i must not covet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amber!
      Haha nah it's not that late... I've had comments much later than this one. :P And no, it's completely clean (assuming that's what you mean?). You totally should! :D

      HAHA YES I DID
      lol true. XD

      Delete