September is Over

WELL HEY LOOK I'M ACTUALLY POSTING A MONTHLY WRAP-UP ON TIME. Meaning it's actually the end of the month when I'm posting. Which can we all just acknowledge that 1) why is September already over I mean I feel like it's July and 2) FALL IS HEEERREEEE so pull out the warm clothes  and 3) candy corn is the best thing okay (other than sour patch but need I even say that? I didn't think so.) and lastly 4) I only posted three time this month. Oops. More on that later.

But yeah. Anyways. Let's move on to the wrap-up, shall we?



top fiction book 

Image result for a time to rise nadine brandes

A Time to Rise by Nadine Brandes. OBVIOUSLY. Guys guys guys I got to be an advanced reader for this and it was fantabulous of course. And I would say much more but seeing as I was an advanced reader I've got a review up my sleeve for some point in the future. So stay tuned for that. :D

top nonfiction book 

Image result for stealing from god frank turek

Stealing From God by Frank Turek. I actually just finished this one up yesterday, but it was really good. I don't know if any of you have heard of I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist, but Stealing from God is by one of the authors of that book. My impression of it was that it was basically and abridged version of I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist, which was pretty cool. So if you've read either one of these and liked them than you might want to give the other a shot. :D

bloggerly news

Well for the most part this month was pretty uneventful. I think this was mostly because SOMEHOW I ONLY POSTED THREE TIMES? D: D: Well, that definitely wasn't supposed to happen. XP So yeah hopefully I'll do better than that this month even though I'm pretty busy. `

BUUUT I did get a page up for my most recent WIP which was like super exciting for me. So for those of you who didn't see it yet (tsk obviously we need to work on your stalking skills) it's there. Just so you know. XP

ramblings of the month

Heh even though there's only three: 


The Wisteria Writer Tag (at last) Image

Three Random and Easy Writing Tips Image

The Hole in Our Gospel: Faith... or works?  Image


writing update

Well my current WIP, Library of Lies (*shoves you towards the page about it*), is coming along smoothly but not as fast as I would like. I think this might be because I attempted to write an outline but then somehow ended up starting a random civil war like 17k into it? Yeah, don't ask because I don't know how that happened. 

But if I want to do NaNoWriMo I have to finish this thing. *furious typing noises* So yeah, that's going to be keeping me busy seeing as I have ONE MONTH TO DO THIS. 

But hey, the good news is if I do get this done then I'll have NaNo in the bag. XD So hopefully I finish it and go on to write my Prince and the Pauper retelling (hm yes I haven't told you about this have I? probably because I don't know much about it other than the fact that assassins are involved) for NaNo. Which may or may not happen, we shall see.

future posts 

Well I already mentioned that I've got a review for A Time to Rise coming. Maybe another book review this month, not sure on that though. Also I'm working on a post about joy, and then I've got a humorous post I wrote for a friend's blog that I'll post up here at some point. XP However despite my determination to write more posts this month this may or may not happen because. I'M GOING ON VACATION AAHH. 

Yup, my family and I are all headed up to Washington D. C. for a little bit and then driving down to Connecticut for my great grandpa's 100TH BIRTHDAY. Yes, he's actually turning 1.0.0. So yeah that's like super cool. :D I'm super excited about all of it, it's going to be so fun. (plus I love airports so #perks)  



Yes, I know that was a rather short wrap-up seeing as I took out a few of the categories. because lifing and Library of Lies and general procrastination and also the quantum model of the atom has fried my brain. so.

So yup that's all we got, folks. Tune in next time to hear Jonathan ask all sorts of questions like "How was your month? What did you read? Are you all ready for NaNo?" XP

~ Jonathan


Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

41 comments:

  1. WAIT IT'S OCTOBER??? HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?

    Also candy corn. CANDY CORN IS MY LIFE.

    I usually only post four or five times per month, but I actually posted like seven times in September??? To be fair, two of them were guest posts BUT STILL. I feel accomplished. XD Usually you post like waaaaay more than I do so HA I BEAT YOU. ;D

    NANO IS COMING SO QUICKLY. I'm still not 100% on what I'm doing, but I'm leaning towards just finishing Moonlit Mirror. 'Cause there's nooo way I'm finishing it BEFORE NaNo and then doing a new project. Nope.

    Whoa, you're going to Washington, D.C.? THAT'S SO COOL, JONNY. I actually used to live about 40 minutes away from there. :D It's a great time of year to visit. ^_^ Ooh, and your great grandpa is turning 100! That's really cool!

    Annnnd I need to work on my Frabjous Finalities post at some point. *coughs awkwardly*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR I FEEL THE SAME WAY WHYYYY. XD

      Yes so true candy corn is like best plus the fact that it's seasonal just makes it even better. :D

      WHAT? NOOO D: D: Ah, oh well you can beat me this once. XP

      ISN'T IT THOUGH? I'm so like excited/torn/am I even doing it idk yet. XD But yeah *whispers* I'm thinking about doing the same thing with Library of Lies if I don't finish it. so. :D

      Hmm mm I'm super excited! Ooh that's cool, we were hoping it would be a good time. ;) IKR IT'S SUPER AWESOME.

      *snickersnorts* Good luck on that, if you haven't already finished it. *goes to stalk and see if you posted it yet*

      Delete
  2. Yaaaaaayyy, new blog post!!! :D :D :D
    #ninjastalkedthepageyesterdayyay XD
    Ooh, have fun in D.C.!!! There's a ton of stuff to keep you occupied there. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *bows*
      Heh good job such skills much proud. XP
      Haha so we've heard! :)

      Delete
  3. Candy cornnn *gag*

    I'm so excited for fall. Sweaters, boots, Pumpkin Spice Lattés..😊 the cover of that Out of Time book just looks like something I want to read. I'll be looking that up now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaaaaat you don't like it?

      SAAAME. Also oversized hoodies. XP Yes it's really good! The first book in the series is called A Time to Die though so you should read that one first. *nods*

      Delete
    2. Nope, never have. Yes! Just today I was looking at my favorite hoodie in my closet and getting happy, wondering when I'll be able to wear it 😁 I actually found A Time to Die at my library, but they don't have the other ones, so if I love it, I'll just have to buy the rest(:

      Delete
    3. Hehe well alright then. ;) Ikrrr I'm already wearing mine! XD OOH COOL! Let me know what you think when you're done! :)

      Delete
  4. I totally feel you, it does NOT feeling like October. Like, at all. I need to start doing some fallish things to get myself in the mood, because I love fall, it just hasn't felt like fall at all, if that makes sense?

    And same!! I only posted three or four times this month and it's pretty awful.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes I totally get that I feel the SAAAME way. XP

      D: D: Eep nooo you and I shall both have to work on that. ;)

      Delete
  5. I have missed your posts, dude! I hope to hear more from you in the future! :D *runs to check out your really cool WIP*

    oh and NANOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks! I hope to post more in the future! :P

      IKRRR

      Delete
  6. FALL IS HERE, I KNOW. I'm actually kinda excited though. (I don't mind cold weather... Usually. XD) I saw your new WIP page! Literally, when do we get to read more of ALL OF YOUR books?! All three of your writing projects sound quite cool and really unique. (I think I literally sucked in air when I read the snippet from Library of Lies - very fitting name, methinks - and Fynn realized he dropped a book and then it's obviously the one Toby found...) That's really cool you are going on vacation! I'm also going on vacation to Colorado. My older bro and his wife just had a baby girl, so we're gonna go see them. :) Which means a road trip. Whoop whoop! XD And yes, plane rides are fantastic. #agreed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I enjoy the cold weather... at least after summer. In March/April I'll be all like 'SUNSHINE PLEASE' XP. Well thanks! Hehe when I'm done drafting/editing of course. :P Thanks so much! (ah well glad you enjoyed it! haha you may or may not be correct 0-0) Ooh cool, Colorado's a great state! Road trips are always fun too, although not /quite/ as fun as plane rides. ;)

      Delete
  7. For those of us who don't live in the States, what's candy corn? Sounds interesting!
    Another bloggy friend of mine has been busily recommending A Time to Rise to all her followers. Can't wait to read your review. I'll have to get that book I think.
    Wow, reaching 100 is a pretty cool achievement! In NZ if you reach 100 you get a letter from the Queen because it's a Commonwealth country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't even know they didn't have it in other countries, haha! It's like...hmmmm... a sweet candy that looks a bit like corn. It's orange and yellow and white and very sweet. XP And that's the best I can describe it. :P Ah, cool! You totally should! :)
      Oh really? Ha, same for the USA actually! Except the letter isn't from the queen it's from the president. XD

      Delete
    2. I live out of the country too so I don't eat candy corn (unless we land in the states in autumn), buy I'm not very sorry. I think they taste like candles stuck in a sugar factory. *runs away before everyone starts stoning me*

      Delete
  8. CANDY CORN YASSSSS. Me loves that stuff so much okay.

    Ahhh, yes, cool post. A prince and the pauper retelling sounds super awesome. XD 100th birthday?! Wowsers! Happy birthday to your great-grandpa and safe travels! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR IT'S JUST SO GOOD.

      Thanks! I'm excited for it, even if I don't get to write it for NaNo. XD Yeah ikr it's super impressive. Thanks! :D

      Delete
  9. So hard to believe it's October. I feel the same about it still seeming like July - except in Alberta it gets waaaayyy colder in just a few weeks and I've definitely felt that. So I've got the reality check.
    I've heard about the A Time to Rise novel a lot lately, does it live up to the hype?
    Also, congratulations on your grandpa's 100th! That's seriously awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know! :D Oh yeah haha I'll bet it get colds up there. XD
      Yeeesss it totally lives up to the hype! You should definitely give it a try. :)
      Yeah it is! I'm excited. :)

      Delete
  10. AIRPORTS! I love airports! Watching people's faces(without looking like I'm staring:P) and then imaging stuff about them, take-off, having several hours to read without being expected to do school, and then getting cramped legs. . . Okay, that last one isn't fun, but I like the other stuff.:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. REALLY? Cool! Hehehe yeah I like all of that also... (minus the leg cramps lol)

      Delete
  11. Wait...it's October?!!?!?!? WHY WASN'T I TOLD THIS SOONER?? Where has Summer gone?? I WANT IT BAAAAAACK!! *distant sobbing*
    You are waaaay ahead of me and my end of the month post. >_< I am like three months behind on everything. Time is going by too fast!!
    (And candy corn is awesome by the way. Ever since that one incident *cough* that happened when I was three, it's been my trademark candy.)
    I haven't...I mean didn't...post much in September either. I didn't even manage to squeeze in my wrap up post at the end! I wish there was a time-freeze gun that I could shoot the world with and have everything stop until I was caught up with everything. Someone invent that. Please?
    Have fun on your vacation! I'm a little jealous about your trip to Washington D.C. I've always wanted to go there...its just soaked in history. And, all the coolest spies go there. ;) But, need I mention that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SORRY I FORGOT TO INFORM YOU. XD *pats* It's okay cold weather is cool also, and since you're graduated there's no school either way. So. XP
      Hehehe nah you caught up quickly nice job.
      (Ooh hmm I may ask about this sometime... :P)
      Ha, well same. Hmm well you can try but sorry I don't think that's possible. *crushes dream and laughs evilly*
      Thanks! Haha yup so true. :D

      Delete
  12. Obviously my stalking skills aren't on point right now because I totally didn't know about your new WIP.
    BUT
    I have been SUPER SUPER busy this past month, so, I'm excused.

    ANYWHO SO YOU ARE DOING NANOWRIMO. I plan on trying to complete my novel that I started in April (heh heh, still not finished). BUT NEVER FEAR WE SHALL BE NANO BUDDIES (i think thats a thing right)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe don't worry we shall work on that XP
      OH okay well I guess business is a great excuse. :P Seeing as I sort of used it as to why I didn't post much... XD

      EEP SO COOL YES YOU NEED TO FINISH THAT SO I CAN BETA READ IT. XD AND IDEK ABOUT NANO YET BUT I HEARD YOU AND HANNAH AND ABI ARE APPARENTLY BUDDIES WITH ME? WHICH. WELL. I DON'T HAVE A NANO ACCOUNT THAT I CREATED SO. XP

      Delete
    2. Haha XD

      YEAH APPARENTLY WHEN WE ALL MADE A CAMP NANO ACCOUNT IT ALSO DOUBLED AS A NANOWRIMO ACCOUNT

      Delete
    3. AH OKAY THAT'S WHAT WE THOUGHT XD

      Delete
  13. AWH TOO BAD I DON'T LIVE IN MARYLAND ANY MORE (yes thats where I lived but not anymoe cuz im moving) I SERIOUSLY LIVED LIKE 30 MINUTES FROM D.C.

    ReplyDelete
  14. October! Yipes... Autumn is my most favorite season, but SUMMER JUST STARTED DIDN'T IT?! ;)
    I am thinking of doing NANO. It's in November, right?
    Ooo have fun in DC! It seems like the perfect time of year for going there. All the cool monuments, and autumn colors everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I like Autumn also BUT IT REALLY DOES FEEL LIKE SUMMER IS ENDING TOO SOON.
      Ooh yes you totally should! It is during the month of November. :D
      Thanks, it was perfect! :)

      Delete
  15. Great wrapup! Can't wait to hear about more of your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got pretty far into 'I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be An Athiest', but stopped when it started to talk about the Big Bang. It was a few years ago (ha. 1-2 yrs. But still...) so maybe I won't be as confused now. I had no idea what the authors were going for... But I'll have to try that book again! :)
    A Civil War sounds... interesting. Always is interesting when your world and character blows a raspberry at you and dives off a cliff, right? ;D =)
    A Prince retelling would be crazy- I don't know much about that tale, so... (Aka, I know about as much as the movie 'Shrek 4' told me. AHEM.)
    Good luck with NaNo! I won't be doing it this year, I'm editing my last novel (Camp NaNo July...)... And if Yahweh says so, will be writing another book. But it's in His Hands right now.
    YHVH bless!
    -Angela | thepeculiarmessenger.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah okay well I can definitely tell you they weren't advocating the Big Bang. :P But yeah it's definitely a kinda heavy read! XD
      Looool so true.
      Yes I'm excited to try that one at some point! (haha I haven't seen that one...)
      Thanks! Ah okay good luck with editing! :D Well that's a great mindset to have! :D

      Delete