The Rise Tour, aka Five Reasons You Need A Time to Rise

Yes, I'm acutely aware of the fact that the formatting to this post is more or less freaking out. It is the bane of my bloggerly existence right now but unfortunately I leave for Washington D. C. in two days and hence don't have the time to fix it. So brace your eyeballs, because for some reason the spacing decided it hates me. 

the-rise-tour-blogger-banner-1

Yup, today is the day in which I'm posting as a part of Nadine Brandes's blog tour for A Time to Rise. I was super excited to get an ARC of the book so I could review it for all of you. So. Anyways. Moving forwards. 


about the book 


ATimetoRiseCover
What more can you sacrifice than your life? Parvin Blackwater is dead. At least…that’s what the Council—and the world—thinks. But her sacrifice tore down part of the Wall long enough to stir up hope and rebellion in the people. Now she will rise again. Strong, free, and fearless. Parvin and Solomon must uncover the mysterious clues that Jude left behind in order to destroy the projected Wall once and for all. Meanwhile, the Council schemes to new levels of technology in its attempts to keep the people contained. Can a one-handed Radical and a scarred ex-Enforcer really bring shalom to the world? This is the concluding book in the Out of Time Series.






1. Parvin's character development is goals. 

Legitimately. She's changed soooooo much since A Time to Die, and she's still changing in A Time to Rise. Still reacting. Still learning. 



2. Wilbur's suits 


Guys this idea is so good and I love it so much. In the third book in the trilogy the suits come into play much more frequently, which is something I really really liked. NEEDLESS TO SAY, I WANT A BRAWN SUIT NOW. Start the petition guys, let's make this a thing. 



3.  Skelley Chase 


Skelley is easily one of my all time favorite villains of ever.  He's full of depth, and he's always got a surprise up his sleeve. (Plus, HE SMELLS LIKE LEMONS.) He's definitely NOT your cliche 'miles-beyond-redemption' villain, and I really really really really liked what the author did with him in this book. 



4. The Hawke family name 



(mild spoilers for the first two books found here so if you haven't read those two then SHOO) 


We get to see a lot into the Hawke family, and I especially liked how Nadine made Solomon struggle with whether or not he's 'truly a Hawke' type of thing. (since he's adopted). I thought that was really neat. Plus, we get a lot of insight into Jude which was awesome. 


(kay SPOILERS OVER anyone who skipped over can start reading here)



5. It's filled with great themes 


There were so many little gold nuggets scattered throughout this book, and they were all great. There's a lot about dependence on God laced in here, as well as trusting Him enough to rise up in faith and make a difference. Overall, it's an extremely encouraging and hope-filled book. 



There was some violence and such, so probably 14-15+. 



about the author



Nadine Brandes learned to write her alphabet with a fountain pen.


In Kindergarten.

Cool, right? She dealt with ink splotches before even knowing how to spell. She never decided to become a writer. Her brain simply classified it as a necessity to life -- like bathing, eating, and sleeping.

Nadine is an adventurer, fusing authentic faith with bold imagination. She writes stories about brave living, finding purpose, and other worlds soaked in imagination.

When she's not taste-testing a new chai or editing fantasy novels, Nadine is out traveling, finding new music, and pursuing active life.



Aaaanddd now that we're done with that let's move onto all the other cool things you might be interested in. 

ORDER LINKS AND INFO: 


A Time to Die



A Time to Speak






A Time to Rise



Epic Things to Participate in

Thunderclap: https://t.co/wTXZfTWF31 And no, don't ask me what a thunderclap is because seeing as I have little to no social media accounts I have no clue. 

Join the Thunderclap

Facebook Party: https://www.facebook.com/events/183601465406699/

image


So there you have it, now I'm off to get school done and fold clothes and clean and pack. XP (but just because I don't really have questions doesn't mean I'm letting you out of leaving a comment)

~ Jonathan 

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

22 comments:

  1. OK DUDE I WAS LEGIT BAWLING ANYTIME THEY TALKED ABOUT JUUUUUDE! H#RFKJJERIOFOIR#IO@F WHYYYYYYY?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA SAME. MINUS THE BAWLING BECAUSE I DON'T TYPICALLY BAWL XP

      Delete
  2. Ooo I think I found the next few books I need to read... ;)
    They sound great!
    *excitedly goes in search of the nearest place to find aforementioned books* XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really good! Hope DC goes well. You're sort've visiting my home state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh really? That's super cool that you live near DC though

      Delete
  4. *has read none of this series so has nothing to comment about* *thinks of something* I despise spacing that doesn't cooperate too. XP But...this post looks fine from my device. ;)

    *cant find the time for this post* Am I the first commenter? Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe well you should go read them! XD Hm really? Well that's good to know. :D

      Hahaha, nope sorry. :P

      Delete
  5. Good luck and travelling mercies (inside joke) on your trip to D.C.! Never been to America but GOOD LUCK MAN.

    Now...

    I hate all of you guys that are torturing me with this book. First Rybrynn, then Katie, then Abigayle and now you?!

    I gotta get this book. But who has the money, man? You has the flippin' money? This reminds me of how much I actually need to get a job. Dang it, I need a job. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it went well! :D

      I'M SORRY BUT IT'S JUST SO GOOD. XD

      Ah okay yeah the struggle is real. XP But I signed up for the blog tour and got it for freeeeee mwahahahahaha. :P

      Delete
  6. Awesome post!!! I just got A Time to Rise in the mail and I so want to start it, but I haven't read A Time to Speak so I need to buy that one. *facepalm* GAH! I loved your reasons (besides the spoilers ones, because I didn't read those, though I was tempted to).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaha yes it helps if you read A Time to Speak first. :P Thanks! (haha good for you for resisting the temptation XD)

      Delete
  7. I've been looking at these, but not buying them yet. They look really cool though. :) Maybe I can suggest the library get them...hmmmm. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's a good idea tell your library to buy them. xD

      Delete
  8. I really want to read her books AHHHH. *must read ASAP*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm waiting for the day I can tell my library they must get this book too.
    And then I'll have to wait again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah okay well it's still a good plan, minus all the waiting. XP

      Delete
  10. Okay I really want to read these!!! Unfortunately, I was in this awful habit of spending the entirety of my piggy bank on books. As a result I made myself stop buying books 'til next year. It's been painful, but at least I feel virtuous. ;P
    Have fun at D.C.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I had that same habit for a while... finally I just told myself I wasn't buying anymore books this year also. We shall see how that goes... XP Thanks! :)

      Delete
  11. YES. AWESOMENESS. EVEN THOUGH IM ONLY 168 PAGES THRU

    ReplyDelete