Let's Stop Stressing and Start Trusting

Well we all know what time of year it is, right? (And no, don't say 'autumn' or 'fall' we've covered that already. Although bonus points if you said 'Christmas' because I'm also totally ready for Christmas.) It's time for E.L.E.C.T.I.O.N.S. Yuuup that big scary time when we have to choose another person to run our country.

And unarguably, it's a big choice. I mean, it's not an easy thing to cast a vote for the person (I had 'guy' there. Whoops.) who's going to attempt to run our country for the next four years.

In the end, it's incredibly easy to become stressed. To worry.

To become fearful of what the future may hold.







Now, just to set things straight here at the beginning, this is not a post that's going to be me expressing my political views. There's just really no need for that, to be honest. 


But what I am going to do is talk about fear. And God. And trust. And choosing to place the future in the hands of an almighty, sovereign God without stressing about the future. 


Sometimes it's easy to get so caught up in the world that we lose sight of God. Because I mean, let's just take a moment to think about it. No matter who wins the election, is that going to phase or surprise God in the least bit? Is He going to have to resort to a 'back-up plan' of some sort? 


John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. 


Absolutely not. God will always be in complete and total control, and there's nothing anyone can say or do or think that will change that. 


Now, don't read into that and think that I'm trying to make a point about why Christians shouldn't vote. Because yeah no that's definitely not what I'm trying to say here. My parents vote, and my older sister who's 18 will definitely be voting this year, and when I'm 18 I'll be voting also. 


But what I am trying to say is that, no matter what your political views are, no matter who you're voting for, and no matter who wins the election, there's no need to live in fear of what the future may hold. God's got this one, just like He always has. 


When we truly understand as Christians who God is, there's no room for fear. When we're truly placing our trust in the hands of a God who created the world, there's even less room for fear. And when we truly realize that no matter what happens, God's in control, the fear is crushed. 




Alright. I'm done. *tiptoes of soapbox* That was probably more or less a rant, BUT I HAVE NO REGRETS. 

Thoughts? Comments? SHARE WITH ME YOUR OPINION, DEAR READER.

~ Jonathan 

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

38 comments:

  1. I agree. *nods* This is something we all need to be reminded of right now.

    You know, this reminds me a bit of Mr. S's SW session "The Mother of Giants", did you ever see it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *nods with you* Yes, definitely.

      Hmm... no I didn't see that one, I'm assuming it was the one that was recorded though? XD

      Delete
    2. Yep, that's the one. You really should see it. It was one of the best sessions out of the whole week, and it's not super long. And it's very applicable. The ending's amazing, too. <3

      Delete
  2. I really needed to hear this right now... Thank you.
    ~Jaclynn~

    ReplyDelete
  3. my thoughts???

    you have a major spelling error up there *smirks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *scrolls up* *checks*

      nope. It's still there. want a hint?

      Delete
    2. I cannot find this typo to save my life and it's really bugging me.

      Delete
    3. Well I couldn't find it either. Even after Julia told me what it was I came back to look for it after this comment AND STILL COULD NOT FIND IT. xD It's in the last three sentences

      Delete
    4. OKAY BUT REALLY IT'S NOT THAT OBVIOUS XD

      Delete
    5. OHHHH OKAY NOW I SEE IT. But I still literally couldn't find it until you said that it was in the last three sentences.

      Delete
  4. This is PERFECTION
    I loved reading your insight on this! I really don't see a lot of teens talking about this in such a knowledgeable way with a Christian perspective. I really enjoyed it!
    I saw your comment on my blog, and I just discovered yours. Love it, and gonna go
    follow for sure!
    -Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed the post and thought it was helpful. :D (also wow I come across as knowledgeable sometimes? go me :P)
      Haha well thanks! I love yours also. :)

      Delete
  5. Ha! I'm not old enough to vote yet, so maybe that has something to do with it (I kind of don't think so, though) but I'm not worried at all.

    Everyone around me is. And honestly I'm kind of sick of hearing about nothing but "Trump and Hilary, Trump and Hilar, Trump and Hilary"!

    I mean, what GOOD does that do??? All the theorizing and mournful predictions and doomsayers (I honestly DO NOT think that's a thing... Oh, well. I tried.)???

    That's just... not who I am??? I'd I can't do anything to change something, I don't worry about it. It's pointless.

    There. I went on a rant of my own! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe neither am I, still just 17. XD Well that's good to not be worried!

      I feel ya. Sometimes it's hard to listen to people like that. *nods* Glad you shared your thoughts, Kayla!

      Delete
  6. Great thoughts! I agree completely! I love the verse you shared, that was our family verse of the year last year, and it's basically the answer to all the stress and fear that comes with this election. (and life in general) Our God is bigger than all of this, and it's such a blessing that we can trust him completely <3
    Keep up the great posts!
    -Faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes absolutely. *nods* It's one of my favorite verses for sure, and it's an amazing thing that we can take our requests directly to the throne of God and that we can lean on Him for guidance.
      Thanks so much, Faith! :D

      Delete
  7. This was encouraging, and very well put! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is great. Yup, no matter what He is in control. I've heard soooo many people say "if so-and-so wins the election, I'm moving to another country." Um, no. That's not the route to go. God is still here no matter who is in the White House.

    Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, that's so true. I definitely agree! Thanks for commenting, Faith! :D

      Delete
  9. COMPLETELY TRUE and well-put. God's in control no. matter. what. (And I totally agree - we Christians need to vote!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And absolutely, God will ALWAYS be in control. :)

      Delete
  10. Good luck to you Americans!

    Christians should definitely vote. I see the importance of voting nowadays after Brexit and noticed that the people who didn't vote technically are at fault. (ooops)

    This election thing is quite annoying. A person even deleted Twitter from their phone simply because of the Election and stuff. This stuff is ripping families apart since #TheDress xD xD (I know, I should be more serious).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well thanks I guess. :P

      *nods* Yes, absolutely I agree. (although I'm afraid idk what Brexit is and hence have no feedback on that #sorry XD)

      Delete
  11. I agree!! :)
    Not much else to say. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, it is late for me to comment. But in all honesty, this was a seriously over-hyped event, when you don't have one side that looks much better. Why can't we just have God as our ruler like in the old testament?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no worries. Late comments are cool. :D YES I TOTALLY AGREE IT TOTALLY WAS. Well I mean we will in the Millennium! :)

      Delete
  13. That typo sure became imfamous on the hangout. XD

    ReplyDelete