November is Over

Well, November is over, and with it so is NANO. And no don't look at me like that I'm still perfectly sane. Still 100%, fully functional and sane. *ahem* (I can feel you questioning me, do not question me. Tsk.) 


Basically my brain is completely dead (BUT I'M STILL SANE DON'T THINK THROUGH THIS LOGIC ELSE IT WON'T MAKE SENSE JUST ACCEPT IT KAY) so I'm doing a mini wrap-up thing that's actually mostly just snippets disguised as a wrap-up post + a few thoughts on NaNo + a few other things. Shh. Don't tell. because someone may or may not have taken a pair of scissors and cut out half the categories.  



top fiction book 

Image result for the mysterious benedict society and the perilous journey

WELL I FINISHED THIS SERIES ASDLKJ. It was kinda a bittersweet thing? I really liked this one (the second in the series) but the third wasn't my favorite. MUCH SADNESS RIGHT NOW. However this one features the same cast of bold, funny characters with an engaging plot and more wit than ever. (That ship on the front is called the Shortcut. Tell me that is not the most brilliant thing you have ever heard.) 


top nonfiction book

Image result for respectable sins jerry bridges

THIS WAS GOLD. I loved how the author could take issues like pride, anger, and things like that and somehow make it both convicting and inspiring AT THE SAME TIME. He doesn't let you off the hook because there's no excuse, but at the same time he talks about sin in the light of the gospel. We're forgiven. 

blog happenings 

- I did a new banner WOOT WOOT. I really like this one because it has black font and I think that helps a lot. So far the most comments I've gotten on it have been it's more masculine, which I'm assuming that's good, right? xP 


- I broke the sidebar again. Yes, those weird empty box things are back and they will not go away but I will fix it when I have time do not fear.

- my pageviews have increased dramatically? I'M NOT REALLY SURE WHY BECAUSE I HAVEN'T POSTED ALL THAT MUCH. But one day I got like 400+ and today I'm already at 200 and yesterday I got more than 300. I AM HAPPY BUT ALSO A VERY CONFUSED LITTLE BLOGGER. SEND EXPLANATIONS PLEASE. I'm not complaining though, I hear pageviews are good for the blog. xD


- yes I'm mentioning the blogger update despite the fact that it's rather controversial


- 87 GFC followers + 60 email suscribers = 147 total readers. No I am definitely not freaking out why on earth would you think that 



Image result for internally screaming gif

how I beat NaNo

YES IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING, I DID FINISH NANO. With a perfectly even 50,000 words because I'm just amazing like that. Ahem. *cough* 


But basically I was doing really good at the beginning of the month because we started off with a 5k and then I started to get behind but in the middle of the month we did another 5k which got me caught up. Then I got super behind again and on Monday the 28th I was only at 35k. SO GUESS WHO WAS DOING THREE 5K DAYS IN A ROW? HA, ME. 


I think the main thing I noticed was how at the beginning of the month I was like "oh my goodness 5k is a lot and I don't know if I can do that many words in one day." Obviously this was proven to be a 97% unnecessary concern because in the end I did 5 5k days? So I did half of NaNo in five days and the rest in 25. No I do not know what my mind was thinking I am just glad I made it.




SO ANYWAYS. MORAL OF THE STORY: Do a few 5k days because they're amazing and they get you on track. 

things I learned during NaNo

- if you do NaNo with someone they will find out all your secrets including books you've cried in, how to blackmail you, the fact that your brothers can hack your phone with little to no trouble doing it, and other things like that 

- they will also find every single typo in your post and then POST ABOUT YOUR TYPOS ON THEIR BLOG. honestly I was super amused though 


- words flow super smoothly if you do a word sprint 


- they flow even better if you use My Write Club 


- beating certain people in a twenty minute word sprint BY SEVEN STINKIN' WORDS is one of the most gratifying things ever

- 5k in a day isn't nearly as hard as it sounds 


- making powdered sugar isn't nearly as hard as it sounds either
 

- there's actually a word for 'fear of glitter' and it's sparkalaphobia 




all those snippets you knew were coming

Yes of course you knew I was doing snippets because 1) I sort of told you at the beginning of the post and 2) everyone and their grandmother's pet chinchilla is posting NaNo snippets. 


My favorite thing ever is those people who are like "I'm posting my unedited NaNo snippets okay so don't judge too harshly" and then I'm over here like "HA. HA. HA. YOU ARE SUCH A BRAVE SOUL AND I LOVE YOU FOR IT." *edits all my snippets to death* 


Plus their snippets always end up being lyrical and gorgeous and altogether amazing anyways. Y'ALL ARE GREAT JSYK AND AN INSPIRATION TO US ALL. I ASPIRE TO THAT LEVEL OF AMAZINGNESS. But while I'm still aspiring to get there let's read a few completely edited snippets, shall we?












AND THAT'S ALL FOR TODAY, FOLKS. Tune in next time to hear another ramble from yours truly. But in the meantime, HOW WAS NANO? DID YOU SURVIVE OR WIN OR BOTH? (in which case I applaud you) 

~ Jonathan 

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

52 comments:

  1. Congrats dude! Glad you finished it with your sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. snippets snippets snippets


    honestly, though, your writing style O.O i love it an demand to alpha/beta-read (AS ALWAYS NOTHING NEW THERE)

    you're late with your wrap-up post. again. gosh, Jon, you've got to get better at this xP

    your post title is so creative, "November is Gone." XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ikr everyone is posting them xD

      aw well thanks! :D glad you can read it lol (YES I AM AWARE OF THIS FACT XP)

      okay but last month I was on time right so I was allowed to be late on this one xD

      ikr such brilliance much wow ;P

      Delete
  3. So true about being with others during NaNo XD.
    Great wrap up and I love your snippets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR it's accurate xD
      Thanks!! Glad you liked them :D

      Delete
  4. WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO POST THE THINGS ON THE FORUM BC I MUST READ MORE OF ALL THE THINGS BC THEYRE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T EVEN CARE IF THEYVE GOT TYPOS. XD

    *ahem*

    Congrats on finishing nano!!! :D the snippets are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UM. WELL. HOW ABOUT WHEN I'M DONE EDITING FOR 42 YEARS DOES THAT SOUND GOOD ;P

      *ahem also* xP

      thanks!

      Delete
    2. NUUUUUUUU, THATS WAY TOO LONG. D: D: D:

      Delete
  5. YOUR SNIPPETS ARE FANTASTIC!!!! Let me beta your book, ok??? Seriously.
    *adds sparklphobia to vocabulary* I don't know how or when...BUT I AM USING THAT WORD.
    I love the gifs, especially the internal screaming one. XD Congratulations on your sanity. *maniacal laughter*
    Are you sure your brothers aren't spies in disguise?? Sunglasses and gloves are a dead giveaway...do they wear those things?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WELL THANKS SO MUCH :D alright I'll poke you when I need people! IKR ISN'T IT GREAT I got it straight from Siri
      Yeess that one is hilarious. XD well thanks *maniacal laughter also* lol
      No, actually I'm not sure. It's 84% possible. No gloves but YES TO THE SUNGLASSES.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on finishing NANO with your sanity. I have my doubts about my own sanity though... XD
    Your snippets are fantastic. Just so you know. I like your style of writing. Never read anything like it before, it's cool! :D
    Great wrap-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you *swooping bow* *whispers* I do also but shhh don't tell anyone xP
      Well thanks so much, glad you enjoyed them!! :D

      Delete
  7. Oh my GOODNESS dude, those snippets have me speechless. Can I be on your first-to-read list PLEASE. xD

    (In all coherence though, I love how you write, because it's how people think. Keep at it, friend. You're doing awesome. And also...I totally cracked up at the "Don't make me do it, I'm a lady.")

    Congrats on the page view increase! That's so fabulous! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw well thaaaaaanks xP YOU+HANN ARE THE TOP RN I THINK XD

      (Oh my word that totally just made my dad THANKS SO MUCH :D glad you like it!)

      Why thank you I thought it was exciting also :P

      Delete
  8. *did not know you did 5 5kdays* *is shocked*

    AND YES THOSE 7 WORDS HAUNT ME STILL.

    also - ikr powdered sugar is really easy *grins*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shocked aka impressed

      THEY SHALL HAUNT YOU TO YOUR GRAVE actually no we'll probably both forget about it by next year lol xP

      isn't it though ;)

      Delete
  9. THOSE SNIPPETS = SO AMAZING. (*whispers*) How do you write so well?!? Please, you must share your secrets!
    That new banner looks super cool, by the way! That black + light blue is great!
    ~Liv
    oliviakfisher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THIS COMMENT = SUPER AMAZING XD well those were edited, just remember :P
      Thanks, glad you like it!!

      Delete
  10. I really like your new header, very masculine indeed ;P Haha! But really, it looks super nice.
    And yes, page views are good, rejoice and be glad for them!
    Again, I admire all you amazing people we conquered nano and now I need to join you all next year. But seriously, your books sounds so good!! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, so I've been told. ;) Thanks though!
      Ikrrr accurate #bloggingfact
      YEEESSSS you totally should join us next year, you'd love it! *ahem* (aka go crazy and get a bunch of writing done but that totally means the same thing as love) *ahem* XP

      Delete
  11. I LOVE the excerpts from your book! What is it called?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's called Library of Lies. I had a page up for it but I accidentally took it down... #oops xP I'll fix it eventually :P

      Delete
  12. EEK!!! You crack me up. I love this. <3 AND THE SNIPPETS OH MY GOODNESS. So. much. intensity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WELL THANKS glad you enjoyed! AW WELL THANKS SO MUCH that makes me super happy :D

      Delete
  13. The fact that you did 5 5K days is blowing my mind. YOU ROCK!!!!

    Also those snippets are absolutely fabulous, wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WELL YOU PROBABLY WOULDN'T SAY THAT IF YOU SAW ME HALF DEAD (pfftt who am I kidding more like 85% dead) AT THE END OF MOST OF THOSE DAYS BUT THANKS. :P

      Thanks so much! :D

      Delete
  14. Haha! Glad you survived! And wow, to any of you people out there who wrote 50,000 or more words in one month, that is impressive!

    Right? Powdered sugar is rather simple to make ;)
    haha, I wonder who has a fear of glitter XD

    Great job on the snippets! Entertaining to read! And no, I didn't see any typos, *Ididseetheotheronetho!* XD

    -Faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I am also. ;) YESSS IKR a bunch of people I know hit like 70k+ so I'm just like a little fish in a big pond over here. xP (also yes that pun was 100% intentional thank you very much)

      Ikr a friend showed me how to make it during a bakeoff :P
      hmm probably like preschool teachers who don't want to have to clean it up, maybe? xP

      Thanks, glad you liked them! :D OH MY WORD good for you though so far only you and one other person found it on their own. :P

      Delete
    2. Ooh, the puns are strong with this one! XD

      Yeah they're great!

      Haha, *Kindaproud* it's funny, I'm not even good at grammar, yet I notice most of other peoples grammar mistakes/typos XD
      -Faith

      Delete
    3. *swooping bow* xP

      Hehe well kudos to you! :D I couldn't find it at all. ;)

      Delete
  15. YOU DID A FABULOUS JOB DUDE CONGRATS *hands you coffee and chuckles evilly*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WELL SO DID YOU (actually you wrote way more than me so you go xP) *pretends to be drinking coffee but actually dumps it into conveniently placed plant* *smiles innocently*

      Delete
  16. Congrats on surviving/completing NaNo!

    I love your snippets! They are so good. I especially like the ones from Emilie's POV. She is so funny. May I just say that you did a really good job writing from a female's POV? You are better than I am, AND I AM A GIRL!

    Could you, by and chance, get published by tomorrow? I really want to read this book. *gets down on knees and begs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well thanks :D

      Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed them! :) Lol well sure you can say that, I'm flattered XP I wouldn't have been able to pull it off if I didn't write in first person, that's for sure ;)

      WELL NO PROMISES BUT I'LL DO MY BEST. :P

      Delete
  17. Ha! What? I'm certainly not questioning your sanity! *nods* HAHHAAA i totally heard about the typo thing - bc I know everything. (How I actually heard: I'm friends with Ju and she and I skyped and basically she told me about some NANO google+ hangout things and I asked about the typo cuz I had seen her comment on your post and COULD NOT FIND IT. so she divulged. XD) YOUR SNIPPETS. *wants to read more* I assume you wrote Library of Lies for nano?? Yes, no?? That plot = so cool + unique + HOOOOOOW did you think of it?! ;)

    Also, huge congrats on surviving NaNo!!! I hope next year I can join you crazy people...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? OK WELL KUDOS TO YOU THEN. XD Oh my goodneeesssss she thought that was hilarious okay and IT WAS ACTUALLY NOT THAT FUNNY however she did call it a 'major' spelling error and um no Julia wrong. :P WELL THANKS. I didn't write the whole thing, I just added 50k to what I already had. IDK IT ALL STARTED OUT WITH THIS ONE SCENE THING AND THEN I DECIDED TO DO SPLIT POV AND POOF. XD

      Ooh yes you totally should, it's lots of fun! :D

      Delete
    2. obviously someone can't detect sarcasm *grins*

      Delete
    3. WELL YOU DIDN'T SOUND SARCASTIC

      Delete
  18. Congrats on your novel! That last snippet from Flynn... dang. Pretty amazing.
    *hands you hot coco* YHVH bless.
    -Angela |thepeculiarmessenger.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks so much, glad you liked it!! :D
      *takes hot cocoa* ooh yuuuuuum xP

      Delete
  19. This post was highly enjoyable! I have never commented here before. Hi. My name is Emily. I am a new follower. Nice to meet you.

    WELL DONE FOR FINISHING NANO! ((Because once you've introduced yourself it's totally OK to burst into cap locks ... isn't the internet weird? We SHOUT AT PEOPLE WE'VE NEVER MET BEFORE. *ahem*)) But yes, well done! Love your snippets, especially the very last one! (And yes, I almost literally cannot imagine posting unedited work on my blog. What and how.) So, is the novel dystopian? That's the vibe I was getting.

    I've heard great things about Respectable Sins. (The book. Not the sins. Hemhem.)

    Also, that last gif is amazing. Is it Monsters University? I love it.

    I did not win/survive NaNo because I was not participating, but I diiiid finish the book I was writing on Nov 30th, so I *feel* like I've won?? Dunno. Go me ... or something ...

    Anyway, it is lovely to be here, I look forward to following you (what a weird phrase out of context, eh?) in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *waves* Hi Emily, nice to meet you also! :D

      WELL THANKS SO MUCH. ((Actually tbh I do that before I've introduced myself sometimes #oops #noregrets xD IT'S FUN THOUGH)) Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed them! (Haha, same like nope this is not happening. xP) Yes, it is, I used to have a page for it but I *cough* accidentally murdered the page. So. That should be back up sometime... XD

      Ooh yes it's super good, you should read it! (Hehehe)

      Yeesss it is I was just going through my gifs and I was like 'ok but this one is great.' XD

      WELL WE CAN COUNT THAT AS A WIN. *showers you in confetti* Great job finishing that book, I'm hoping to finish mine this month. :D

      Haha, well thanks! Glad to have you around. :D (hehe true)

      Delete
  20. Congratulations on finishing NaNo! I'm so jealous of everyone - I wish I'd been able to focus through the life madness better! I don't think I found out the basic plot of your story? Mind sharing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS. :D Well you still got some writing done, right? So that's fabulous, good job! *high fives* Well I /used/ to have a page up for it but. Ahem. I accidentally burnt the page. xP Buuuut I will have that back up soon + I might do a post about my novel at some point? Not sure though. In the meantime I'll tell you that it's a first person split pov dystopian featuring 2 rivaling factions of government (also civil war), books are illegal, there's these wolves that are unleashed at night to enforce curfew, and there may or may not be a cyborg character + an illegal black market where illegal books are sold. xD

      Delete
  21. Dang man, looks like you had a fun/busy month! Fear of glitter...thats a good one *walks away muttering*

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on doing Nano! I completely and miserably failed, but I think I'm okay with that because we moved right in the middle of November and moving + Nano do not go well together I've learned. ha.

    BUT 5 5K DAYS? Woooow OK HOW DO YOU LIKE EVEN DO THAT THOUGH. I'm still here after Nano pecking away at the keyboard and like VERY very very slowly increasing my word count. VERY VERY VERY VERY SLOWLY. sorry i just had to emphasize the slow-ness of it.

    ahem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay well yes I think that is a 100% legit excuse (unlike when I make excuses, they're normally lame heh xP)

      IDK EXACTLY? Looots of sprinting lol. XD Someone else from my group finish NaNon on like day 9 though so yeeaaahhh. :P I AM IN AWE LOL.

      WELL SLOWNESS IS GOOD. Because then you don't have to edit as much, right? xD

      Delete
  23. *plops in late*

    CONGRATULATIONS ON WINNING NANO

    Library of Lies sounds amazing. *nods* I cannot /wait/ to read it, if you ever post it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *flops in late also* haha XD

      WELL THANKS YOU TOO. :D

      Aw well glad it sounds interesting! :) I just might someday ;)

      Delete