Unto Us

Yes, I know I just posted yesterday. Yes, I know that I still have a bunch of comments to reply to.

And yes, I'm aware that it's Christmas Eve. That's actually why I'm posting.


Honestly if I had to choose which I liked better- Christmas Eve or Christmas Day- I think I would choose Christmas Eve. There's just so, so much to love. The excitement. The anticipation. The joy, the magic. 

And all because of a baby, wrapped in a manger. All because of a child who was born of a virgin. All because of a Son who was given unto us. 

The Son of God. 

He is the reason for it all. He is the reason that we have anything at all to celebrate. And He is the reason people all over the world are giving gifts to each other, in remembrance of the greatest gift of love.

As we get older, I think some of the magic and wonder and excitement definitely slips away. It fades with time as we grow more mature. 

But what will never fade, what will never slip away, is this gift from God to man.

And for the record- I'm sleeping under the tree tonight. Beneath the lights and by the presents. Because that's the best place I can think of to pray, and to remember this gift God gave, unto all of us. 

His Son, Jesus Christ. 

~ Jonathan 

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

11 comments:

  1. Christmas Eve is so wonderful!

    Merry Christmas, Jonathan! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ~Liv
    oliviakfisher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Jonathan. Beautiful post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, great job. :) And Merry Christmas, Jonny!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, Jonathan! Thanks for the wonderful reminder of what Christmas truly is about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. .................... *all I can think of to can say*

    also..i wish i had slept under the tree

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas, Jonathan. :) I hope you had a great one. It was crazy here- and such a blessing. Yahweh was with us today- we had joy, peace, and we remembered... The Greatest Gift. Yeshua is truly AMAZING to love us... And He is coming back, one day. Gives me goosebumps to think about! :D
    How did sleeping under the tree go? Sounds nice- my puppy likes to do that. ;D
    Merry Christmas and God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like a lot of the magic has left too. It's sad, but I'm just getting older. The bets part by far was the candlelight service we went to and hanging out with my cousin Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Jonathan! Yup...I'm starting to feel like a regular Grinch! But on the upside some of the distractions slipping away allow me to look at the true meaning of Christmas with fresh eyes.

    Wow! I wish I had thought to sleep under the tree....that would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *comments on this late but OH GRACIOUS this post was powerful* Thanks for sharing!

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. "But what will never fade, what will never slip away, is this gift from God to man."
    ^^ YES
    I think too often I and others try to find Christmas in other forms, but it's all about Jesus and the wonderful gift we've been given. Only from that will we receive true, lasting joy.

    ReplyDelete